• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loaned Jar

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I was playing on Skial 2fort LA 2 the 30/08/12 at around 9 PM, reason for the ban (as stated on the name of the thread itself) was racism, although I have been rightfully banned about 4 times, I reckon that this ban is un-justified, and is lacking on evidence, as the Admin joined whilst many people were quoting GTA: SA (myself included), I tried contacting the admin (to inquire about the reasoning behind the ban, and how does the quoting of intellectual property relates to discrimination in race) the admin blocked/removed me, without letting me inquire about said problem. In addition, a few other people were banned for "racism" and "Report abuse", as I stated before, the most racist thing I said during the whole incident was "nigga" and "buster" whilst the other player who got banned for racism only mentioned the word "buster", the player who was banned for report abuse, was banned un-fairly, as he was doing his duty as a member of the community reporting any and every un-lawful/poor behaviour by part of the admin itself. I do not seek to ge un-banned from the server (which is 6 months long) but to know about the reasoning behind the 3 bans, as 2 of them weren't really justified.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Use of racial slurs is not permitted regardless of the context or whether or not anyone on the server is offended. It doesn't matter what scripts you were quoting. You posted a racial slur and got banned. This appeal will NOT pass.

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You're a moron who's been banned twice before for this same exact stuff. So no, you're not getting unbanned.

Gosh you'd think people would learn for once.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Racial slurs. Nigga, kike, cracker, wetback, yadayada, the list goes on. I can understand you perhaps not knowing that something like "porch monkey" is racist, but you used the word "Nigga"
You don't have an excuse.

Loaned Jar

Scarcely Lethal Noob
[
Racial slurs. Nigga, kike, cracker, wetback, yadayada, the list goes on. I can understand you perhaps not knowing that something like "porch monkey" is racist, but you used the word "Nigga"
You don't have an excuse.
as a matter of fact, I do have, as I was playing with friends, which we tend to call each other frequently in a friendly manner (yes, i do know no one being offended is not a loophole)

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I vote for increasing the length from 3 days, since you guys got him for 1 month and 6 months on his last two racism incidents.

Loaned Jar

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I vote for increasing the length from 3 days, since you guys got him for 1 month and 6 months on his last two racism incidents.
if you look closely, I've never been banned for more than 3 months, the 3 day ban was lifted and was applied a 6 month ban (I still stand by the point that it should be 4 or 3 1/2)

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
[

as a matter of fact, I do have, as I was playing with friends, which we tend to call each other frequently in a friendly manner (yes, i do know no one being offended is not a loophole)
You know that no one being offended isn't a loophole, and yet trying to claim that's why you have an excuse to be a racist? Makes about as much sense as saying "I know killing babies is wrong, and that's why it's right of me to kill them!"

Reactions: Doctor Who

Loaned Jar

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You know that no one being offended isn't a loophole, and yet trying to claim that's why you have an excuse to be a racist? Makes about as much sense as saying "I know killing babies is wrong, and that's why it's right of me to kill them!"
That's an over-exageration, as normal friends tend to call each other by names, and how the racial slur (which wasn't used in the appropiate context to be treated as racist) becomes moot, bu that explanation, the word "nigga" becomes as offensive as "buddy" or "pal".

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's an over-exageration, as normal friends tend to call each other by names, and how the racial slur (which wasn't used in the appropiate context to be treated as racist) becomes moot, bu that explanation, the word "nigga" becomes as offensive as "buddy" or "pal".
So let me correct my analogy. "Bringing fake guns to my local middle school is illegal, but it's not a REAL gun so it's alright!"
Nobody being offended is not a loophole. Not agreeing with the rules doesn't give you any right to break them. You've been banned multiple times before for this same shit and haven't learned even one bit. Six months from now, watch your language. Try replacing "nigga" with "dumb mothafucka" if you truly MUST joke around like that. Just since, yanno, next time you're caught being racist you're probably looking at a permaban. You've been given too much mercy already.

Reactions: Doctor Who

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Rules

The following offenses may result in admin intervention, which may include being gagged, muted, kicked, and/or banned. Depending on the severity of the offense and if it has been repeated, a ban may be short term, long term, or permanent.
  • Spamming.
  • Hacking (your main account will be banned if you are cheating with a spare account).
  • Using exploits (e.g., killing somebody with a flamethrower through a gate before the round has begun).
  • Any insults regarding race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. Nobody on server being offended is not a loophole. This does not include simple discussion of these topics in an intellectual manner.
  • Scamming.
  • Admin impersonation.
  • Posting other people's personal and private information without proper consent.
  • Dodging (disconnecting and reconnecting to avoid being muted, gagged, banned, and/or kicked).
  • Sprays that are illegal as per the laws in the country where the server is located.
  • Harming your team for an extended period of time. (e.g., blocking sniper views, teleporter traps, refusing to help advance your teams position). The lobby servers are subject to stricter interpretation of this rule.
All rules apply to admins as well as players. Admins absolutely can not take any action against a player without a specific rule being broken.

Rules are subject to change as per the owners and operators of the Skial community.

See what I made bold? Yeah. Just for you.

Loaned Jar

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So let me correct my analogy. "Bringing fake guns to my local middle school is illegal, but it's not a REAL gun so it's alright!"
Nobody being offended is not a loophole. Not agreeing with the rules doesn't give you any right to break them. You've been banned multiple times before for this same shit and haven't learned even one bit. Six months from now, watch your language. Try replacing "nigga" with "dumb mothafucka" if you truly MUST joke around like that. Just since, yanno, next time you're caught being racist you're probably looking at a permaban. You've been given too much mercy already.
but then can't "dumb muthafucka" be treated as racist, as it can be seen as a mock towards afro-american culture?
and I do admit that the previous bans were well deserved, as I said "Nigger" out of the blue, point still stands that the words itself had no meaning nor context, ergo it is moot and no longer applies to the global rules regarding racism, and if the problem is the use of racial slurs, shouldn't the rules be chaged to reflect upon it? They clearly state "No racism of any kind allowed", then going by that statement a word with no meaning can't be racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.