• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
The person's name was "nig"
oki

Just try placing in other peoples place like if you have your own server and someone comes there to claim he is an admin and is being rude/dominant. It scares your players away and you don't want that so you want him to understand that you do not tolerate that. And since two other members got banned before you while you were there you should see that as 2 warnings. Yet you keep claiming to be an admin so bare the consequences..

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This thing is way overblown and out or proportion. It was just a simple joke. A warning or A week's ban would have been appropriate, 3 months is ridiculous esp, for someone who donates and play on skial server everyday.

It's not a joke and I already explained my lenience on the ban length. On top of his absolute inability to recognize any wrongdoing, apologize, or apparently even consider that he shouldn't "joke" about being an admin.

I know a lot of his friends will just stick up for him but consider that if someone else was banned for always saying "im admin" for no apparent reason you would just laugh at them.

Rising Star

Unremarkable User
You know my intentions were not bad, I join those servers just to play TF2.

If you asked me to stop saying "I'm admin" I would've respectfully stopped.

All I did was say "I'm admin", as a joke.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
It's the internet! People say all kinds of shit! Whatver!
Rules are rules! Don't pretend to be an admin! Don't be a racist! You can say what you want when you want but if there are rules where it's says not to do it or you'll get (in this case) banned then it's your own fault.
If the Skial admins have to start looking for where and where not to make an exception, then where is going to be the line? I love they supply the rules so strictly because therefor I know they really mean it.
Read the rules, agree on them and follow them. Not that hard I think?

Note: It's not licking their butt or something, it's called something worse which I can't throw into an open conversation because as you said: "People say all kinds of shit!" And I don't want it backfired at me.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I would have changed his name to "type !admin for list of admin on server" and ridiculed him for 20 minutes.

Reactions: Giildy

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I have changed your ban to one day.

We are suppose to be using standard ban lengths. The first offense should almost always be an one day ban.

there are a few exceptions, but this is not one of them. I think it would be different if, for example, someone was impersonating an admin like this.
"Hey this is Maddo i am an admin! Give me an item or i will start banning people". or something along those lines.But here, he is just saying "i'm an admin".

Now he is breaking the rules, and i would highly suggest he does not break the rules in the future.
http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/

Coming from our side, if you pretend you are an admin, you are started to represent the skial community. 1/3 of the people who play are stupid and will believe you. Rumors start, stuff happens, and then we get yelled at.

Now before people begin starting drama about me changing it, bottiger posted that he wanted this changed about a hour ago.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Admin impersonation a serious thing...

Made my day.

I think it's a serious thing if someone directly tries to impersonate a specific admin or tries to scam people. I don't really think in this case it warrants any kind of ban, I mean technically it's a rule to not impersonate an admin but it walks a fine line on what you mean by "impersonation". I think the original extensive ban hurt Skial more than the actual offense since the guy was not trying to fool people into anything. Just my $0.02.

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I think it's a serious thing if someone directly tries to impersonate a specific admin or tries to scam people. I don't really think in this case it warrants any kind of ban, I mean technically it's a rule to not impersonate an admin but it walks a fine line on what you mean by "impersonation". I think the original extensive ban hurt Skial more than the actual offense since the guy was not trying to fool people into anything. Just my $0.02.

How would the original ban hurt Skial more than some idiot going around and telling people that he's an admin?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
How would the original ban hurt Skial more than some idiot going around and telling people that he's an admin?

I mean I can see both sides, but honestly if you give yourself a reputation of being a little too strict on the rules, people might find other places to go. This ban was on the border of reasonable/unreasonable so it's kinda murky at best. I just don't feel it's a clear cut issue is all.

Toxik

Contributor
Lol, I find it both funny and ironic that these guys are basically telling us to run the servers better while they are the making them worse. As other people said, impersonating an abusive dictator admin is just bad as having such a bad admin on our servers. Therefore, if you're not happy with this, you are most welcome to go to another server, for pricks like you will not be forgiven or revered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.