• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
probably no way to get a shorter ban unless the admin who banned you feels sorry for you or something

NESica

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Wow, 3 months? You barely did anything. That admin was kicking people left and right for their remarks (which were much worse and a kick probably needed). And YOU get banned for 3 months for a single comment?? You're a donor, you're on that server every day and night, and you have a 9 year badge. That's too bad that the admin felt like they needed to prove their insecurity through power-spamming. I know others, including myself, will rethink our donations.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
impersonating an admin is an incredibly big thing
saying that he "barely did anything" would be lying

Toxik

Contributor
Lol, butthurt so you get a friend to come over, cool.
NESica, when you donate, you agree to the rules saying that you as a donator receive no special treatment.

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wow, 3 months? You barely did anything. That admin was kicking people left and right for their remarks (which were much worse and a kick probably needed). And YOU get banned for 3 months for a single comment?? You're a donor, you're on that server every day and night, and you have a 9 year badge. That's too bad that the admin felt like they needed to prove their insecurity through power-spamming. I know others, including myself, will rethink our donations.
I think you mean "Wow, only three months for admin impersonation?" Also, donating doesn't make you any more important than any other player. You still have to follow OUR rules on OUR servers. Your friend broke one of the more serious rules, if you impersonate an admin YOU WILL be banned for a predetermined time.

I'm honestly shocked it was only three months, last I checked it was a longer ban.

NESica

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
He didn't get any friend to come over. I have free access to the forums, just like you. And yes, I did agree to that, and I'm not saying that he nor me should receive special treatment. I do believe that 3 months is too harsh of a punishment for what was going on leading up to the event. Do I think no action should have been taken? Not at all. I think this case could have been handled differently. These are just thoughts though, do what you will with them

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I banned you for admin impersonation because you are constantly claiming to be an admin.

2013-01-14_2306.png

2013-01-14_2307.png

2013-01-14_2311.png

This is only from the past 10 days as the chat logs only record 10 days at a time. However, I know in the past you have claimed to be an admin and I never did anything because I know you were not attempting to scam anyone or get anything out of it (the reason I look for admin impersonators) and because you are a server regular. The main offense is that you create a culture on the server where people think it's ok to say they are admin. When I asked who the admin was 2 people said they were and I kicked them for reason "Don't impersonate admins." Even after you saw that you went ahead an said you are an admin, not very smart.

I usually ban for 6 months for admin impersonation and other admins make it permanent. Three months is being easy on you. I would have lowered your ban length if you had made any effort to acknowledge what you did was wrong or come up with a sincere apology. Everyone should know that you have constantly claimed to be an admin and that this ban was completely just.

Rising Star

Unremarkable User
I would've sincerely apologize if I did something wrong. I wasn't trying to scam anyone or get anything out of it.

Fix the lag on the goldrush server and at least give people a warning before you ban.

Akai

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I would've sincerely apologize if I did something wrong. I wasn't trying to scam anyone or get anything out of it.

Fix the lag on the goldrush server and at least give people a warning before you ban.
Actually, it is a bad thing. You can instill fear into people. For example, saying you're going to ban them if you don't do this or that. The position of admin can be that of a dictator.

By the chat logs, it doesn't look like you did though. It is however, against their rules. Remember that you're in their house, so their rules.

Mittens is a nice guy though. So bite your tongue and apologize before he forgets about it. Otherwise, have a nice day.

Reactions: ProbeX and mittens

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
What harm did I do by typing "Im admin"
If you say like "nig, I'm admin" you give the impression you are an admin and whatever you say or do then might make look Skial admins bad, like the sentence you said there. I don't know if that's classified under racism too (even tho it wasn't in a mean way but still).

Example: You make a clan, invite people and suddenly someone starts wearing your clantag but is not invited. You would be mad and want him to stop wearing it because he says stuff that makes your clan look like having bad members. Aren't I right? I know I would.

shellshock777 [Team Win]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
This thing is way overblown and out or proportion. It was just a simple joke. A warning or A week's ban would have been appropriate, 3 months is ridiculous esp, for someone who donates and play on skial server everyday.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you say like "nig, I'm admin" you give the impression you are an admin and whatever you say or do then might make look Skial admins bad, like the sentence you said there. I don't know if that's classified under racism too (even tho it wasn't in a mean way but still).

Example: You make a clan, invite people and suddenly someone starts wearing your clantag but is not invited. You would be mad and want him to stop wearing it because he says stuff that makes your clan look like having bad members. Aren't I right? I know I would.

The person's name was "nig"

What harm did I do by typing "Im admin"

Saying you are an admin and leading everyone on the server to believe you are an admin makes them think you represent Skial. Therefore anything you say or do is perceived as something Skial admins say or do. If you are a total dick/moron people then think "wow Skial admins are morons." There is no reason for you to say you are an admin. Anytime a vote was called against you, you said you were an admin. If people are calling votes against you then you are probably being stupid, now they think Skial admins are stupid. Admin impersonation is serious in any server/community. There is no reason to do it at all.

Even if you don't think you were doing anything wrong, you were. On top of that you are breaking a server rule and people get banned when they break server rules.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
This thing is way overblown and out or proportion. It was just a simple joke. A warning or A week's ban would have been appropriate, 3 months is ridiculous esp, for someone who donates and play on skial server everyday.
"Also, donating doesn't make you any more important than any other player. You still have to follow OUR rules on OUR servers."
"if you impersonate an admin YOU WILL be banned for a predetermined time."
"I'm honestly shocked it was only three months, last I checked it was a longer ban."

Status
Not open for further replies.