FrozenFirebug

Mildly Menacing Medic
Maybe it's just a personal gripe of mine, maybe I'm seething over something everybody else loves, but the ability to constantly begin a taunt -> cancel said taunt -> get free crits for 2 seconds is a bit of a bummer and ruins a lot of the game's nuanced combat.

It basically turns Soldiers, Quickiebomb Demos, and Heavies into low effort Snipers, and makes Snipers not even have to aim for the head to get an easy kill, for basically no downside. Hitting a taunting enemy cancels their crits (sometimes lol), but if you don't have a hitscan weapon, and the enemy is super far away or ducking in and out of cover, there's jack shit you can do to them. Even if you surf or jump to where they are, you're met with an unearned death.

Personally I think it'd be better if you had to stay taunting for a solid 3 seconds for the crits to kick in. That way it still serves its purpose as a tool to clear out campers, without promoting doing nothing except sitting up top spamming crockets the entire match. It'd also allow for some counterplay if anyone has the drive to target the taunt critter.

That Guyy

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Taunt crits are a core part of the server, and most folks expect it to be there

I'm gonna ignore the fact that skial admins hate surf and do nothing to add good maps/changes/etc, but this is not a good change