Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I use my internet explorer for skial and this weird shit sometimes comes up taking me to new weird ass links telling me to download some fake ass adobe and stuff with "sup" on the top tab bar and than switching to adobe.

help.

Also idk what anti virus I use... maybe Norton.
Well,your first issue there. Is you're running IE. Switch to a different browser. Then, get adblock plus, and you'll be fine.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Well,your first issue there. Is you're running IE. Switch to a different browser. Then, get adblock plus, and you'll be fine.
it only happens in shiternet explorer

also

7:37 PM - Sarcasm: Do you even safely browse internet?
7:37 PM - soV_: yes
7:37 PM - soV_: what lol xD
7:37 PM - Sarcasm: Why are you using IE
7:37 PM - Sarcasm: ..
7:38 PM - soV_: for skial cuz I when I am using Chrome while doing homework I like to click IE to go on skial right away and and not have to click a NEW tab and click AGAIN in my favorites tab.
7:38 PM - soV_: I always use chrome other than that though.
7:38 PM - soV_: Don't worry, I always practice safe and always use protection
7:39 PM - Sarcasm: Just use FF instead
7:39 PM - Sarcasm: LOL
7:40 PM - soV_: I considered it a few days ago.. Maybe but for now, chrome master race.
7:39 PM - Sarcasm: No like
7:39 PM - Sarcasm: For skial
7:39 PM - Sarcasm: Just use FF
7:39 PM - Sarcasm: don't touch IE its satan spawn

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm starting to wonder if this section needs a FAQ sticky or something. Anyone interested in helping to make it?

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
I used AVG,then got rid of Windows.

My bro currently uses Avast!

I use my internet explorer for skial and this weird shit sometimes comes up taking me to new weird ass links telling me to download some fake ass adobe and stuff with "sup" on the top tab bar and than switching to adobe.

help.

Also idk what anti virus I use... maybe Norton.

Look through your installed programs dude, you could have that Conduit thing or some other spyware that installed without your permission sometime. Also if you can remove Adobe Flash do so, then install Chrome since it has Flash built in, the NPAPI (plugin version) of Flash is going to die.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I used AVG,then got rid of Windows.

My bro currently uses Avast!

Look through your installed programs dude, you could have that Conduit thing or some other spyware that installed without your permission sometime. Also if you can remove Adobe Flash do so, then install Chrome since it has Flash built in, the NPAPI (plugin version) of Flash is going to die.
I deleted something called eboook monkey (literally with all those o's)that I had since janurary 2013 and the main thing that I deleted was the thing that caused pop ups. I forgot what it was called already.

GenocYda

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I still think that how you behave on the net matteres more than the antivirus self, because let's be real, there will be always way to beat antivirus protection, crackers are always one step ahead, don't visit/download obviously bogus programs, be sure to think about what you are installing and you should be fine with almost any antivirus.

Also, regardless the fact that I think I don't have almost any chance of being infected, I wouldn't use internet without any antivirus, I just don't feel as confident.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
AVG Free 2014, AdBlockPlus (Only listing it as anti-virus because I have gotten viruses through ads on "trusted" websites in the past), and once in a while MalwareBytes.