Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Can you confirm if your ISP is using carrier-grade NAT? This sounds like a case of that happening.
If that's the case you can't portforward and you need to tell your ISP to give you a public IP address so you can portforward.

Carrier-grade NAT is a way used by ISPs to deal with the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Can you confirm if your ISP is using carrier-grade NAT? This sounds like a case of that happening.
If that's the case you can't portforward and you need to tell your ISP to give you a public IP address so you can portforward.

Carrier-grade NAT is a way used by ISPs to deal with the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses.

JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif

Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper

Oh sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so I apologize if you don't understand the post.
I'm asking if you can establish contact with your internet service provider and ask them if they use carrier-grade NAT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT)
I'm a bit fuzzy on the details but CGN use private IPs so you can't open ports unless the ISP themselves have opened the port.

If it turns out they use CGN, you are going to have to ask them to get a public IP address so you can portforward as you wish.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Im not sure i have the time right now go remote in and poke around. As we speak i just finished working over 12 hours