Status
Not open for further replies.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm probably the last person you would normally listen to, but here goes anyway.
Shouldn't we have some type of admin level system? Low-level admin can only do mute and gag, mid-level can get kick along with the low-level commands, and full-admins have all of the commands.
Obviously there are many problems with this, but these are just ideas that were floating around my head for awhile.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Think about it, you would have to change the way you act in the server

Skial Player
Troll
Trash talker
Troll
Drama Starter
Troll
Backburner user
and a Troll

Skial Admin
Bans/kicks Trolls
Dispute Settler
Mutes/Gags Trolls
Hacker pwner
and Perma-bans Trolls

Toxik

Contributor
In order to prevent future drama, NO FINGERS POINTED (in case people want to bash at me again for bringing this up), we need to select admins very carefully.

Reactions: Doki

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
In order to prevent future drama, NO FINGERS POINTED (in case people want to bash at me again for bringing this up), we need to select admins very carefully.
Easier said than done. Most people want to know who's responsible for what and why. Almost always, an admin will be the one to blame seeing as how most people believe that the admin should be the one to deal with whatever problem arises when the problem could've been solved without one.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i got a question for this "suggestion"

why????

there is absolutely no point nor value of doing this :/

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor

why????

why????

why????

why????

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I merely suggested this to (hopefully) cut back on some drama that's been going on. And besides, you could've not said anything if you didn't like the idea from the start. (sorry if i sounded like a douche)
And to CompassCall, no, we were just people who happen to play on the same server.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
ohh no i didnt mean to sound like a dick either. im just wondering what the point is. because doing that won't solve anything at all.

and whats the point of posting suggestions if everyone cannot put in an opinion. agreeing or disagreeing

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
ohh no i didnt mean to sound like a dick either. im just wondering what the point is. because doing that won't solve anything at all.
Well, I was thinking if we restricted (to some extent) SOME admin powers, people wouldn't complain all the time.
"OH NOES HE IS HAXORING!!!111!1! ADMIN CABOOSE" is usually what I'm hearing from some other threads and servers.
and whats the point of posting suggestions if everyone cannot put in an opinion. agreeing or disagreeing
Again, sorry if I sounded like a douche. I meant to say if you're not going to give some constructive criticism, don't post at all.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Here's how I would set up the base Admin levels: (not that your admin power system is bad or that you have to listen to me)

Low-level Admin: Mute,Gag
Basically the person who has to shut someone/everyone up

Mid-Level Admin: The above plus kick,slay
The guy who gives the initial warning and/or a boot up the player's ***

Full Admin: The above plus ban/unban
The guy who deals with all the bans.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Here's how I would set up the base Admin levels: (not that your admin power system is bad or that you have to listen to me)

Low-level Admin: Mute,Gag
Basically the person who has to shut someone/everyone up

Mid-Level Admin: The above plus kick,slay
The guy who gives the initial warning and/or a boot up the player's ***

Full Admin: The above plus ban/unban
The guy who deals with all the bans.
The low level would probably just be a glorified regular. There's no point to mutes and gags in administrating a server. Admins' main stuff is to kick and ban according to the rules, and if such a low-level variant of admin was introduced, it would be given out on a whim and cause even more stupidity.
Give someone JUST kick and slay? Protip: People who get kicked for racism or whatever rejoin and spam it again. It's pointless to not ban for dodging, because they just come back on and rage harder than before, and it would just keep that "partial admin" or whatever the hell he's called a headache of constantly having to kick some guy like that.

And being unable to ban would make the majority of the admins useless. I pop on past midnight if I get messaged about some guy with a speedhack or whatever else (within 10 minutes of it happening, since SMAC usually gets it after a while). I suppose it'd be so much more helpful to just mute and gag him while he hacks. Or, I could just keep slaying him and get an earful about that after, or kick him so he can keep rejoining.

Status
Not open for further replies.