Status
Not open for further replies.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm probably the last person you would normally listen to, but here goes anyway.
Shouldn't we have some type of admin level system? Low-level admin can only do mute and gag, mid-level can get kick along with the low-level commands, and full-admins have all of the commands.
Obviously there are many problems with this, but these are just ideas that were floating around my head for awhile.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
The low level would probably just be a glorified regular. There's no point to mutes and gags in administrating a server. Admins' main stuff is to kick and ban according to the rules, and if such a low-level variant of admin was introduced, it would be given out on a whim and cause even more stupidity.
Give someone JUST kick and slay? Protip: People who get kicked for racism or whatever rejoin and spam it again. It's pointless to not ban for dodging, because they just come back on and rage harder than before, and it would just keep that "partial admin" or whatever the hell he's called a headache of constantly having to kick some guy like that.

And being unable to ban would make the majority of the admins useless. I pop on past midnight if I get messaged about some guy with a speedhack or whatever else (within 10 minutes of it happening, since SMAC usually gets it after a while). I suppose it'd be so much more helpful to just mute and gag him while he hacks. Or, I could just keep slaying him and get an earful about that after, or kick him so he can keep rejoining.
Why not make it to where the requirements of being an admin were stricter? There would be more mid to high level admins than there are low level. And when I say "the above" I meant that the mid level would get kick, slay AND mute, gag. Same goes for full Admin, they get all of the commands from the low and mid level. I would consider the low level Admin as sort of a test to see if they are good enough to be "promoted" to a higher level. If they abuse the mute, gag powers, well then they would be stripped of their powers. At least then nobody would've been kicked or banned from a power hungry wannabe admin.

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
Why not make it to where the requirements of being an admin were stricter? There would be more mid to high level admins than there are low level. And when I say "the above" I meant that the mid level would get kick, slay AND mute, gag. Same goes for full Admin, they get all of the commands from the low and mid level. I would consider the low level Admin as sort of a test to see if they are good enough to be "promoted" to a higher level. If they abuse the mute, gag powers, well then they would be stripped of their powers. At least then nobody would've been kicked or banned from a power hungry wannabe admin.
One option is to start everyone off at a basic level and give them the additional flags as they prove responsible enough to use the tags they already have. SMAC pretty much should handle all the blatant cheaters already. It might take an extra minute or two, but it still handles them.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
One option is to start everyone off at a basic level and give them the additional flags as they prove responsible enough to use the tags they already have. SMAC pretty much should handle all the blatant cheaters already. It might take an extra minute or two, but it still handles them.
I would like to keep the system to a select few people who have already proven they can handle such responsibilities. (Brick, Toxic, Scrambles, CiNiC, etc.) Anyone else who wants to have those other flags would have to go through a strict process, so as to keep the abuse to a minimum.

Toxik

Contributor
I would like to keep the system to a select few people who have already proven they can handle such responsibilities. (Brick, Toxic, Scrambles, CiNiC, etc.) Anyone else who wants to have those other flags would have to go through a strict process, so as to keep the abuse to a minimum.
Waitwut
Now, my original question rises again, Scrambles? I don't think he's either an admin nor has he proven himself one, unless he was made admin while I was gone, which I doubt, and CiNiC just lost his powers?

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Waitwut
Now, my original question rises again, Scrambles? I don't think he's either an admin nor has he proven himself one, unless he was made admin while I was gone, which I doubt, and CiNiC just lost his powers?
Sorry, I don't usually keep up with who's admin or who's not. But yeah, those who want to become any type of level admin should have to go through a strict process.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Waitwut
wat
I did..?

Brick

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Risen Demon, there are many different admins.
TF2
Minecraft
Forum
Terraria

and of course admins of the actual group we know and love known as skial.

Zack

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I want to be Admin because I've become more of a Regular, and would like the ability to deal with Trolls, Micspammers, Griefers, etc. by myself. Zach is just a Guy that wandered in and said HAI GAIZ, I CAN HAZ ADMINZ? for the Lulz.
No i am not i played TF2 over a year and i know how to deal with Trolls and Everyone like you calling me gay for no reason. What did i ever do to you?

Brick

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
No i am not i played TF2 over a year and i know how to deal with Trolls and Everyone like you calling me gay for no reason. What did i ever do to you?
Where is that post did he call you gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.