Status
Not open for further replies.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
First 2 answers are correct. Good job.

I'm going to rephrase the third question since it seems confusing.
Both people stated above are using the mic simultaneously. One is screaming and the other is trying to make him shut up by speaking normally.
You do not know these people, so it is impossible to distinguish between them just by listening to their voices. The person talking also won't stop using the mic, making it even harder for you.
What do you do?
And yes please include the command.

Uncle Beardo

Mildly Menacing Medic
First of all I would try a client side mute/unmute to try to figure out who is doing the screaming.
Type "Status" into console to get full player I.D.
Lets say [U:1:123] is the one screaming and we have his full I.D. from console. Sm_silence "#[U:1:123]" 1440 "spam"
try to warn [U:234] about not to use the mic so much. if this does not work, Go into console again, type "status", get the full player I.D.
Sm_silence "#[U:234]" 1440 "spam"

would have replied sooner, but I have had a cold

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
First of all I would try a client side mute/unmute to try to figure out who is doing the screaming.
Lets say [U:1:123] is the one screaming and we have his full I.D. from console. Sm_silence "#[U:1:123]" 1440 "spam"
try to warn [U:234] about not to use the mic so much. if this does not work, Go into console again, type "status", get the full player I.D.
Sm_silence "#[U:234]" 1440 "spam"

would have replied sooner, but I have had a cold
You should not mute the second person as he's not spamming. He can whine or talk over the mic as much as he wants to.

Uncle Beardo

Mildly Menacing Medic
Dont know if your waiting for me to reply or what so im just gonna do this.
and with the other guy, as he is talking nonstop, I would/could do nothing, even if I wanted to. but if they continued for a while i would try to ask the person to stop(politely)

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Dont know if your waiting for me to reply or what so im just gonna do this.
and with the other guy, as he is talking nonstop, I would/could do nothing, even if I wanted to. but if they continued for a while i would try to ask the person to stop(politely)
What?

Edit: I assume you're trying to correct your previous answer?

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Changing to a massive -1
An admin would NEVER even think about trying to crash the server.
IMO We really need better vetting processes for admin if someone who would DELIBERATELY crash the server, and not understand how it's griefing, can get to Considering.

Last edited:

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Changing to a massive -1
An admin would NEVER even think about trying to crash the server.
IMO We really need better vetting processes for admin if someone who would DELIBERATELY crash the server can get to Considering.
The thing is Beardo has always been well known as a decent player and I really liked him for a time too. It was kind of a surprise to see that it was him being reported, but by the sound of him on the video, this isn't the first time he's done it.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The thing is Beardo has always been well known as a decent player and I really liked him for a time too. It was kind of a surprise to see that it was him being reported, but by the sound of him on the video, this isn't the first time he's done it.
I've never seen this particular exploit before, but it seems he's done it before, and the fact he didn't think that crashing the server was griefing is the worst part about it IMO.
The scariest thing is, he probably would have gotten admin if he hadn't been caught.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Didn't expect that to happen.

Did he do it on purpose? Or did he not know it could crash the server?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.