Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
+1
Played with him on jailbreak numerous number of times and he knows the rules really good and tries to maintain the best possible atmosphere in the server. Also a really good guy to play with as I personally have never seen him showcasing any form of rage.

Reactions: TheMiningAlex

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I've seen him a few times since he was silenced (by me for having his mic on, apparently unknowingly, as he said;) he was friendly and genuinely interested in our procedures and policies. I think he could do the job; JB could always use more admins from what I hear
+1

Reactions: TheMiningAlex

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Ok while I disagree with how serious he takes things sometimes, he definitely would make a positive contribution as an admin. Despite this, I have some concerns... 5/16 of his skial reports either lacked evidence or were invalid, which makes me think his judgement wouldn't necessarily be the best if he were to have the omnipotent abilities of being able to immediately ban / mute people. Although if he answers test questions correctly later as the application progresses, and I feel he is improving in this sense, then I will +1. But for now...

+0

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Ok while I disagree with how serious he takes things sometimes, he definitely would make a positive contribution as an admin. Despite this, I have some concerns... 5/16 of his skial reports either lacked evidence or were invalid, which makes me think his judgement wouldn't necessarily be the best if he were to have the omnipotent abilities of being able to immediately ban / mute people. Although if he answers test questions correctly later as the application progresses, and I feel he is improving in this sense, then I will +1. But for now...

+0
Thank you for pointing this out. I really appreciate the input. I do have that as a thing. As I am somewhat slow at typing I never recorded demos as it took time for me to type it out each time, however now I have found out I can bind my number pad so hopefully my evidence will be more present as my number pad has been bound to commands for reports. I also have learned quite a bit more and know more about what is valid and what isn't for reports. I have learned from these mistakes and believe that I now have enough knowledge to act correctly.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Thank you for pointing this out. I really appreciate the input. I do have that as a thing. As I am somewhat slow at typing I never recorded demos as it took time for me to type it out each time, however now I have found out I can bind my number pad so hopefully my evidence will be more present as my number pad has been bound to commands for reports. I also have learned quite a bit more and know more about what is valid and what isn't for reports. I have learned from these mistakes and believe that I now have enough knowledge to act correctly.

Your more recent reports have been more successful than your old ones so that is a good sign. Either way, the test questions will ultimately be the deciding factor for this issue.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
He still struggles to understand basic rules in servers he's trying to get hired to administrate. Far too many of his old reports have lacked evidence, and he is still posting invalid reports and reports with no evidence.

His chat also contains an obnoxious amount of spam binds, and other questionable tidbits. One small example being April 3rd, you called another user a bitch, then afterwards illustrated more lack of understanding of the rules in the server you were on, not knowing for sure if an action that took place was rebelling or not.

You're far from ready, imo -1

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
One small example being April 3rd, you called another user a bitch then afterwards illustrated more lack of understanding of the rules in the server you were on, not knowing for sure if an action that took place was rebelling or not.
You're far from ready, imo -1

Have you never called someone that you are friend with a bitch and not really meant it in a hurtful way. Of course you have.

And I specifically asked luke about it because the rules state that gaurds are not supposed to block someone from doing what they were ordered to do but states nothing about people who were orderd to have fd. I had to ask Luke because technically people who have FD were ordered to be able to do what you want and what happens when a gaurd purposely traps them and keeps them there for the whole round.

And as for the reports somethings are not fully explained in the rules.

Harming your team for an extended period of time. Examples:
  • Blocking sniper views
  • Teleporter traps
  • Refusing to help advance your teams position for a long time (usually known as Friendlying)
I reported a couple of people because in DR they stopped progressing and then procceded to go backwards. This technically falls under this rule. Every example I have ever seen of anyone doing this personally or in the forums has ended in bans. However it does not state that if the team succeeds in their goal that it does not matter. Even though technically they refused to help they did not stop their team.

I also stated that I was not 100% sure about one of my reports because sometimes spys act weird and the demo I had provided only had a short portion of what happened in which I attacked the spy while he was being healed and he did not attack me or the medic that was healing him. I was not sure if that demo would be enough by itself to prove he was friendlying but it is always better to be safe then sorry.

Last edited:

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Have you never called someone that you are friend with a bitch and not really meant it in a hurtful way. Of course you have.

And I specifically asked luke about it because the rules state that gaurds are not supposed to block someone from doing what they were ordered to do but states nothing about people who were orderd to have fd. I had to ask Luke because technically people who have FD were ordered to be able to do what you want and what happens when a gaurd purposely traps them and keeps them there for the whole round.

And as for the reports somethings are not fully explained in the rules.

I reported a couple of people because in DR they stopped progressing and then procceded to go backwards. This technically falls under this rule. Every example I have ever seen of anyone doing this personally or in the forums has ended in bans. However it does not state that if the team succeeds in their goal that it does not matter. Even though technically they refused to help they did not stop their team.

I also stated that I was not 100% sure about one of my reports because sometimes spys act weird and the demo I had provided only had a short portion of what happened in which I attacked the spy while he was being healed and he did not attack me or the medic that was healing him. I was not sure if that demo would be enough by itself to prove he was friendlying but it is always better to be safe then sorry.

Here is my take on this:

A) To be fair, Jailbreak can become confusing in terms of rules (despite the thoroughness of the rules page); it is impossible to know if something is allowed or not from situation to situation. And asking was definitely the best course of action for the situation you described above.

B) If you don't know if someone is breaking the rules, you can't just punish them... Rather than reporting, you should have either asked an admin or waited more time to confirm that they were friendlying. If you had been an admin in this situation, would you have punished them despite lack of evidence? Even though you probably are going to say you wouldn't have punished that spy (if you could have), the fact that you reported him shows that you might have punished him if you could. To summarize this, it seems like you are a bit impulsive in terms of determining if someone is breaking the rules, and impulsive in terms of how you collect / analyze evidence.

You guys can agree / disagree with what I said above, just putting some of my thoughts out there.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I wonder how you would handle getting insulted if you were admin. Looking at the stuff i've attached below, you do not have a thick skin and need to ignore people who are shitting on you. Learn to stop a useless conversation.

I don't want an admin who gets triggered by everything.

rDVvQQ3.png

mU3NniN.png

FTwzTpF.png

SfHIzAB.png

zzu3RD9.png

wXExghM.png

yjRz4AL.png

BC7HTEf.png

FXglLbM.png

rQe8dpZ.png

Reactions: RMSniper

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Changing Mine to -1 because it seems you get offended very easily.