Xniol

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I have known sov for quite some time. He was an admin on a previous server and has helped me alot on that community. I believe he would make a valued member and fully recommend him as an admin.

Reactions: Chance

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
What do you do when someone is pretending to be a skill admin?

Silence chuckwagon for being racist for his 5th offense.

sov

Legendary Skial King
What do you do when someone is pretending to be a skill admin?

Silence chuckwagon for being racist for his 5th offense.
If someone is pretending to be a "Skill" admin than I wouldn't ban him. I would, however, ban him if he was impersonating to a "Skial" Admin. I would take screenshots or record demos as evidence and ban the player for the appropriate amount of time based on past bans.

Since it is Chuckwagon's 5th offense, it will need to be a permanent silence. I will take screenshots or record demos as evidence and go into the console and type sm_silence "#STEAM_0:1:41804552" 0 "Racism"

Last edited:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
You wouldn't ban Chuckwagon for racism you would silence him. And I didn't ask you what you would do I asked you to silence him.

If you weren't busy trying to be funny you would of actually realized what I asked you to do.

sov

Legendary Skial King
You wouldn't ban Chuckwagon for racism you would silence him. And I didn't ask you what you would do I asked you to silence him.

If you weren't busy trying to be funny you would of actually realized what I asked you to do.
I didn't try to give out the funny reply image. Sorry if it looked that way. I updated it. The reason my reply posted unfinished was that I was on my phone when I began to reply but I thought it would come out much neater if I did it on my desktop so when I switched over to finish the mute question I accidentally posted the reply when I clicked "save draft" on my phone. My fault, sorry about that.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't really care if you were trying to be funny. I am not going to get upset because of a typo. I was just pointing that out because of that you didn't answer the question right.

I don't think you left it unfinished and accidentally posted it.
First you said you were perm-ban him,
If someone is pretending to be a "Skill" admin than I wouldn't ban him. I would, however, ban him if he was impersonating to a "Skial" Admin. I would take screenshots or record demos as evidence and ban the player for the appropriate amount of time based on past bans.

Since it is Chuckwagon's fifth ban I would have to give him a perma-ban.

then you edited to say "I forgot to do the second part" when I posted my reply.

oh forget to do the second part.. I'll update it.

Which is a different story then what you are telling me now. I think you realized you were wrong, and tried to make it look like a mistake.

Your answer for chuckwagon is wrong by the way.

Reactions: sboles

sov

Legendary Skial King
I don't really care if you were trying to be funny. I am not going to get upset because of a typo. I was just pointing that out because of that you didn't answer the question right.

I don't think you left it unfinished and accidentally posted it.
First you said you were perm-ban him,

then you edited to say "I forgot to do the second part" when I posted my reply.

Which is a different story then what you are telling me now. I think you realized you were wrong, and tried to make it look like a mistake.

Your answer for chuckwagon is wrong by the way.
updated it.

I tried to type up something quick so that someone wouldn't view the unfinished reply, like you did.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. I don't consider sov to be mature enough. First of all, after numerous warnings for threads crapping he keeps posting irrelevant stuff. Also, as Zebra said "If you weren't busy trying to be funny you would have actually realized what I asked you to do."

I understand that forum doesn't have much to do with servers, but the level of his maturity demonstrated on the forums may affect his judgement on the servers as well. Hence my -1.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
-1. I don't consider sov to be mature enough. First of all, after numerous warnings for threads crapping he keeps posting irrelevant stuff. Also, as Zebra said "If you weren't busy trying to be funny you would have actually realized what I asked you to do."

I understand that forum doesn't have much to do with servers, but the level of his maturity demonstrated on the forums may affect his judgement on the servers as well. Hence my -1.
Although you guys say he is immature on the forums have you taken time to play with him in servers, I have and sov is a very respectful player, he treats all players equally and warns someone if there about to break a rule. Sov might show immaturity on the forums, but once you get in a server with him and play he's quit the guy, I find him more than qualified to be an admin, but just give him a shot, play with him for a while and see how fun and respectful he is, that's why I'm leaving my vote at +1, gud luck Sov

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1, I think zebra was being a bit nitpicky. This app was very well put together and I'm sure sov would be able to do his job well.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Although you guys say he is immature on the forums have you taken time to play with him in servers, I have and sov is a very respectful player, he treats all players equally and warns someone if there about to break a rule. Sov might show immaturity on the forums, but once you get in a server with him and play he's quit the guy, I find him more than qualified to be an admin, but just give him a shot, play with him for a while and see how fun and respectful he is, that's why I'm leaving my vote at +1, gud luck Sov

"Being respectful player and treating everyone equally" is not something I was talking about. In fact, he is treating everyone equally on the forums too. However, he doesn't seem to be able to draw the line between "funny mood" and "serious mood".
For example, look how @Kyle handled the situation HERE. This is a perfect example of mature admin. Unfortunately, @sov cannot distinguish when it's time to be funny and when it's time to be serious and responsible.

Again, this is just my observations and my personal opinion.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor

I'll -1 for the same reason.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'd give a +1. Very nice person to play with in game. Doesn't get mad and is very level headed. This is an app for in game admin, not forum admin, correct?

sov

Legendary Skial King
Alright, thanks for all the responses and feedback. I appreciate it a lot and I want to thank you for taking time to check this out.

I am going to retract this. I am getting busy with friends irl, etc and I want to cut back on the time I spend on the computer and be more social again. You can tell I already have because my "two weeks playtime" is set to an average of 30 to 35 hours, maybe less. The time that I do spend online may mostly be for competitive tf2 or CS:GO matchmaking. I'll still play on Skial. If I become an admin I don't want to be one that will most likely not be on Skial servers as much as all the other admins. Once again thanks.

-Sov

Last edited:

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
Alright, thanks for all the responses and feedback. I appreciate it a lot and I want to thank you for taking time to check this out.

I am going to retract this. I am getting busy with friends irl, etc and I want to cut back on the time I spend on the computer and be more social again. You can tell I already have because my "two weeks playtime" is set to an average of 30 to 35 hours, maybe less. The time that I do spend online may mostly be for competitive tf2 or CS:GO matchmaking. Once again thanks.

-Sov
C'mon dude since I've been playing with you i see you've matured a lot and are now ready to be an admin on skial and you should fall through with it, but that's just my opinion

Reactions: Defibyoulater