Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This forum is too good, if you ever express an opinion which is against the grain you're mad or salty.

I've never played with RMSniper so I can't comment on how she is as a player, although I'll take it at face value that she's a lovely person. However, based on what I know she has never made a report on these forums prior to posting an admin application.

There is more than one way to report players. Many people just have admins on their friend's list and message them when there is an issue on the server, so they can check it out. Many bans/silences are handled this way.

It's a good app, she answered questions well and has a ton of support from server regulars.

Most of all, she never admitted to not wanting to deal with a hacker because She didn't have time or it wasn't her job.

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
There is more than one way to report players. Many people just have admins on their friend's list and message them when there is an issue on the server, so they can check it out. Many bans/silences are handled this way.

It's a good app, she answered questions well and has a ton of support from server regulars.

Most of all, she never admitted to not wanting to deal with a hacker because She didn't have time or it wasn't her job.

This is true, but how comes a bunch of reports have suddenly popped up since the application.. why not just continue messaging the admins on Steam if it works or is easier?

Also I do report players, I take time out of my game to record demos and report them on the forum. Nothing winds me up more than hackers/griefers ruining a good game.. but it's not my job, that's just a fact. I do it because I care about ensuring everyone has a good time on the servers so to take something I said and turn it into something totally different is a little unfair. On top of that I also donate (as do two others in my house) to Skial.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is true, but how comes a bunch of reports have suddenly popped up since the application.. why not just continue messaging the admins on Steam if it works or is easier?

Also I do report players, I take time out of my game to record demos and report them on the forum. Nothing winds me up more than hackers/griefers ruining a good game.. but it's not my job, that's just a fact. I do it because I care about ensuring everyone has a good time on the servers so to take something I said and turn it into something totally different is a little unfair. On top of that I also donate (as do two others in my house) to Skial.
Would you be so kind as to take your replies to private message or Unmod? I would like for all the posts on here to be pertinent to my application. This way it keeps it clear, so that the mods can see all of the + or - 1s. Thanks :blush:

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Would you be so kind as to take your replies to private message or Unmod? I would like for all the posts on here to be pertinent to my application. This way it keeps it clear, so that the mods can see all of the + or - 1s. Thanks :blush:

Yeah I'd be more than happy too, as I'm sure you would have noticed I had not followed up on my initial post until a TF2 admin and forum moderator quoted them.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
This forum is too good, if you ever express an opinion which is against the grain you're mad or salty.

I've never played with RMSniper so I can't comment on how she is as a player, although I'll take it at face value that she's a lovely person. However, based on what I know she has never made a report on these forums prior to posting an admin application.

Your statement was unfounded and unnecessary; you said so yourself when you acknowledged that the person whom you quoted had already approved this app despite your opinion.
According to DavidBaekr that's one of the most important parts of an admin application.. so a bit miffed why he's +1'd this application.

If you want to know the truth, RM became interested in the position after we met on Goldrush LA. She has shown initiative, potential and actual desire to earn the job; of which, it's obvious that you're jealous.

EDIT: @RMSniper Sorry about the post after you'd asked for only pertinent responses, I didn't see them on my device at my time of posting.

Last edited:

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
VcJbq0p.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CONGRATS!

Reactions: RMSniper