ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I don't see an issue with asking questions and the team hasn't brought up any issues either, and you seem to be one of the only forum users that play Jailbreak, + currently a jailbreak mod.

1. Kael is playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow on Trade at normal non-ear rape levels, this is his 1st time doing it. How do you proceed with said situation, use his Steam ID if punishment is required.

2. Kael is playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow at immeasurably loud levels interspersed with the Demoman Laugh Track, on DeathRun, this is his 2nd time doing it. How do you proceed with said situation? Use his steam ID if punishment is required.

3. Jermaphobe is playing on Deathrun when he slips and falls off a disappearing platform because Kael jumped on the platform first from the opposite side. Jermaphobe curses Kael out with the N word with the R on the way down, this is his first time doing it. How do you proceed with this situation, take into account Kael's previous 2 situations above if punishment is required.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Apologies for the wait.
Kael is playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow on Trade at normal non-ear rape levels, this is his 1st time doing it. How do you proceed with said situation, use his Steam ID if punishment is required.
Music is not allowed on trade servers, so a punishment is required. It is the first offence, it would only be a one day silence. Format would be
sm_mute "#[U:1:99413795]" 1440 "Music in trade server"

2. Kael is playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow at immeasurably loud levels interspersed with the Demoman Laugh Track, on DeathRun, this is his 2nd time doing it. How do you proceed with said situation? Use his steam ID if punishment is required.
This counts as micspam, and because it's his second offence, it would go from 1 day to 3 days. Format would be
sm_mute "#[U:1:99413795]" 4320 "Micspam"

3. Jermaphobe is playing on Deathrun when he slips and falls off a disappearing platform because Kael jumped on the platform first from the opposite side. Jermaphobe curses Kael out with the N word with the R on the way down, this is his first time doing it. How do you proceed with this situation, take into account Kael's previous 2 situations above if
punishment is required.
For Jermaphobe, calling someone the n word with the r at the end is not acceptable in any case, so punishment would be required. Format:
sm_mute "#[U:1:116254940]" 1440 "Racism"
For Kael, if he went first and Jermaphobe happened to jump a little bit before him and died because of it, there would be no punishment at all for Kael. However, if it is clear that Kael intentionally griefed (He jumped on the last platform on purpose from the other side, intentionally killing Jerma) Then a punishment for him would also be given. This is the third time he has broken the rules so a longer punishment would be given from three days to 1 week. However, it may be lowered depending on input from other admins.
sm_ban "#[U:1:99413795]" 10080 "Griefing"

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
sm_silence is a convenient command that blocks both their chat and their voice instead of having to enter sm_gag and sm_mute

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Good job, and yes silence does both mute for voice and gag for chat and usually is used for most situations. Sometimes, I've used solely gag for voteabuse cases to prevent typing.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Apologies for the wait.
Kael is playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow on Trade at normal non-ear rape levels, this is his 1st time doing it. How do you proceed with said situation, use his Steam ID if punishment is required.
Music is not allowed on trade servers, so a punishment is required. It is the first offence, it would only be a one day silence. Format would be
sm_mute "#[U:1:99413795]" 1440 "Music in trade server"
Would you warn someone first before issuing a silence?

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Would you warn someone first before issuing a silence?
It's a matter of leniency unless someone reported them. For example, in the past I've seen someone intentionally grief on deathrun and only get slayed, which I'm pretty sure the slay was meant as a warning.
Also, for muting let's say someone was playing music over their mic but it was really bad quality (qualifies as micspam I think, someone got muted on jailbreak once for it)
Then I would warn them. But if they were not playing music and just be racist over mic/chat then they would get muted. Also, if they play music at earrape levels and such, where they intentionally annoy the players who usually ask them to stop (it's impossible to "accidently" do that) then there would be no warning at all and they would get muted.
However, being too lenient can lead to problems, same with being too strict. Most of the time though people break the rules knowing what they are doing is wrong, yet they continue to do so anyways. No leniency will be given there.
Also, as I said in the questions, it depends on other input from the other admins.

Last edited:
Reactions: soo

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You're right. Ascertaining whether something is deliberate will hold you in good stead and give you less complication. Good to see that you accept input from other admins as part of it all.
Still +1, I think you'll do well.

Reactions: soo

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Played with you yesterday on JB. You were pretty quiet so I don't know much about you, but you seem decent. +1. Good luck.