Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1
He's nice on the forums, plays regularly, is ONLINE during busy hours, and has minimal but clean chat.
The chat is only minimal because I have not been playing to much Tf2, I have been very busy in school. But I do come on the forums at random during school when I got nothing to do. I come on to see if anythings new.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
+2, He helped me out with my signature, nice fellow, wish the best of luck m8 :D

EDITED 6/13/2014:
Cowboy...i was going through your chat and saw this (and really no chat, about 10 or 11 said things and that's about it XD) but why were you insulting brandon or whoever?
7536c5a4ca.png

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just a heads up that I will possibly be updating my application in the department of: Servers playing on.

I currently don't have alot of activity but that will hopefully change when I get more free time very soon and in a better mood for Team fortress 2.

Thanks to everyone supporting me. Let's hope this goes somewhere.

тнε ρครรivε ρүяσ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I completely disagree with Cowboy Crow being admin. He strongly targets people that made simple mistakes and pesterizes them. This would lead to admin abusing which is the worst possible thing an admin can do.

тнε ρครรivε ρүяσ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+2, He helped me out with my signature, nice fellow, wish the best of luck m8 :D

EDITED 6/13/2014:
Cowboy...i was going through your chat and saw this (and really no chat, about 10 or 11 said things and that's about it XD) but why were you insulting brandon or whoever?
7536c5a4ca.png

You shouldn't +1 someone just because they helped you with personal things.

тнε ρครรivε ρүяσ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
And I did examine the rest which was asking why he was insulting "brandon" which is not a very admin thing to do and clearly reflects my standing point on Cowboy Crow not being admin. When I posted my first admin app (which wasn't the best and I will definitely redo it in the future) I didn't even know him and he gave me a -1. So I ask why he gave me it so I can help myself improve but then he replies in a cocky, rude way and stated that it doesn't matter because if I got +1 I wouldn't be asking why. If he gave me +1 I wouldn't ask why because I didn't have anything wrong on my app. He is literally the only person I've had trouble with on Skial forums. And its great that he helped you but he didn't do more than a signature and I would like to see more than that. It shouldn't be so personalized, think how he could help PLAYERS. I don't want to appeal as a jerk that holds grudges, I just want competent admins that won't target people and abuse them.

Reactions: Cowboy Crow

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
And I did examine the rest which was asking why he was insulting "brandon" which is not a very admin thing to do and clearly reflects my standing point on Cowboy Crow not being admin. When I posted my first admin app (which wasn't the best and I will definitely redo it in the future) I didn't even know him and he gave me a -1. So I ask why he gave me it so I can help myself improve but then he replies in a cocky, rude way and stated that it doesn't matter because if I got +1 I wouldn't be asking why. If he gave me +1 I wouldn't ask why because I didn't have anything wrong on my app. He is literally the only person I've had trouble with on Skial forums. And its great that he helped you but he didn't do more than a signature and I would like to see more than that. It shouldn't be so personalized, think how he could help PLAYERS. I don't want to appeal as a jerk that holds grudges, I just want competent admins that won't target people and abuse them.
reasonable enough, thank you for stateing your proof and showing me your full opinion and history with this player ;3

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor

You have your right to a -1 or a +1, I don't mind, you got a right to an opinion. Brandon is my friend and I was just kidding around. Also, if you look around the admins on Skial a good bit of them are not the most mature, they do not need to be drones/up tight people, this community can be laid back. You seemed to of got mad because I rated you old on one of your threads. Some people said -1 on your app without a reason or they stated the reasons was because the reasons were already posted, I did say it was for the other reasons posted. I have done nothing to you really besides rate you once or twice and give you explanations. I also do not hold grudges, I don't even know you. I was not abusing anyone or targeting anyone, infact I target lots of people in different ways, mainly good ways.

If you see as if I was being mean to you I apologize but I was not intending it. Trust me when I say a few people will target you worse then I have, you will need to get used to it on this forum.

Just please do not try to start anything in the app, you have stated what you had to say and if you feel you need to say more please post here. If you have something to say you can PM me as well. I can't hate and wont hate some one or try to harm them in any way if I don't know them.

Last edited:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You're cool man. I consider you a friend, you share my love for oddworld, and I hope you don't take this as an insult. But I haven't seen you do anything that stands out, besides generally being nice. I haven't really seen anyone +1 you for a reason besides "He's not a dick, so +1 I guess"
+0

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You're cool man. I consider you a friend, you share my love for oddworld, and I hope you don't take this as an insult. But I haven't seen you do anything that stands out, besides generally being nice. I haven't really seen anyone +1 you for a reason besides "He's not a dick, so +1 I guess"
+0
As far as I have gone I have made a handfull of reports to admins and on the forum over the past year, I have donated twice, I did a raffle very recently and I have helped a few new users here and there. Sure it's not much but it's a start. I am trying harder to get involved in the community and more. Personally I think "not being a dick." Is not a main reason to +1 some one, but that's what people want to do its ok by me, I take nothing you said for this application as an insult. You have your right to an opinion and I respect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sboles

тнε ρครรivε ρүяσ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
As far as I have gone I have made a handfull of reports to admins and on the forum over the past year, I have donated twice, I did a raffle very recently and I have helped a few new users here and there. Sure it's not much but it's a start. I am trying harder to get involved in the community and more. Personally I think "not being a dick." Is not a main reason to +1 some one, but that's what people want to do its ok by me, I take nothing you said for this application as an insult. You have your right to an opinion and I respect that.

Ok I can say that making plenty of reports is a good step. But donating has nothing to do with being admin. You donate to get donater powers, not admin powers.

EDIT:

To correct my mistake, donating does have something to do with admin but only when the person running for app is a
BIG donater.

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ok I can say that making plenty of reports is a good step. But donating has nothing to do with being admin. You donate to get donater powers, not admin powers.
http://www.skial.com/threads/how-we-pick-admins.39818/

Donator does count as a tribute to an admin application. Granted I have only donated a total of $30, its still showing support. You don't just donate to get powers, I did not care about the powers, infact I don't even like most of them besides the !hat command. Sometimes !trail, but overall they are worthless to me. I did it to show support and I know Skial is going in a tight spot due to Valve.

Last edited:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The Big BottyG said:
Another important requirement is time played on our servers. If you are not on our servers very often, there is no point in giving you admin powers if you are hardly online to use them. There is no minimum limit for you to pass. We will collectively decide if you have enough time played or not. This can be offset by contributing to the community in other ways.
  • Mapping
  • Programming
  • Publicizing
  • Big trader
  • Big donator

Status
Not open for further replies.