Won't put up with people's bullshit
trading knoledge has nothing to do with this :/
-1 very cancerous and immature
gets mad about anything

Anub?

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I'm gonna provide criticism cuz im a loser with too much time on my hands

Any other reason you should be admin:
Everyone around here knows me, so no need to introduce myself. I’ve been thinking about applying for admin for quite some time now since getting back into Team Fortress 2, and this is as good a time as ever to give it my honest shot.

it would be nice to tell who you are to the people who aren't well informed as mere players/lurkers of skial or newcomers, but if you believe it isn't necessary, it is your application.

I am applying for TF2 admin, but with an emphasis on Trade Moderator. It is too my understanding, and to the understanding of most, that Skial needs some help in the Trade Moderator field. I’ve spent just about all of my time on Skial servers on Trade NY and Trade US, and have been actively trading since joining in 2014. I’m one of the highest tier traders in the Skial community, and am very well known on the servers as the go-to person for any questions or concerns about trading. With the release of BBQ Prophet and Jessica, the trade servers are in sure need of attention and moderation. Luke, the newest Trade Moderator, is doing a fine job with his limited trade experience, but I’m certain that him and Sargenty could use a more active body on the trade servers and cleaning up the Trade subforums. I of course would be ready and willing to spend more time on the other Skial servers, but my focus (at least at first) would likely be the trade servers.

As an avid player on the/one of the us trade servers, i can say its mostly self-managing, and most problems are easily resolved among players, not to say there's no need for admins, but a large amount of them is kind of unneccessary. To be fair, I don't think i've ever met you on any skial server, and i've been on and off for i want to say about 3 years? Also, i think that, while you are clearly applying for a position on the trade servers, an admin of anything should be a jack of all trades, able to plug in anywhere they are needed, but i can't speak for what skial is looking for.

My record on the Skial servers has been squeaky clean for years, as I have not received a ban or gag in any duration, not even by the votemenu system. I have shown obvious understanding of the server rules, even on game modes with different rules such as Deathrun, VSH, and Jailbreak, despite never playing those game modes myself. My expertise is obviously with the trade server rules and regulations. I have submitted several reports over the years, but those aren’t vastly outnumbered by reports I have sent in to admins through steam chat, and can be confirmed by Sargenty, Luke, T-Wayne, and Mocha. If my recent play time is a concern for anyone, I can assure you that I will be playing more and more, and when I’m not on the servers, I have a lot of spare time to take care of reports and appeals on my cell phone and laptop during the day.

Firstly, jack of all trades thing again, and second i'd say that official reports are always nicer than word of mouth, as things that can be concretely verified are far superior in proving a point than people you know whomay or may not be close associates. Also, i feel like there should be a prerequesite for hours played and hours recently played to show that someone is serious about the role, promises over the medium of a game that can't be backed up with evidence don't strike me as reliable.

I am aware that money doesn’t buy you privilege here, but I feel that my long-time donating is a testament to my support for Skial. I have also contributed to Skial via several accepted/declined/pending suggestions with the intention of making the servers a more enjoyable experience. Skial will not be a side project, and will be my sole focus while on steam. I don’t visit many other communities, and I don’t work for any communities on steam. I was a head admin on a very short lived community server, so I am moderately familiar with the commands admins have in their toolbox.

Really gonna play the i gave you money card? sorry, but that's a bit silly. A donation is something freely given with no expectation of reward or return. Sure, skial gives you perks, and yes that's nice, but it is no indication and has very little bearing on how good at this position you'd be, so i don't even know why this is included, not to mention saying "i know money doesn't matter, but actually look at everything i gave you" completely shits on the point of the terribly hidden humility. Knowing the name of the community you were admin would help in assessing your track record if you would mind giving any info on it.

I am also well aware that my maturity and toxicity is the main concern people will have. I fully understand this, but must emphasize that the way an individual acts in a shitposting channel or unmoderated subforum DOES NOT reflect their ability to accurately and professionally carry their duty as a member of Skial staff. As I stated before, I have an extremely clean record on the servers, and those who know me well know that I can be a very level-headed and logical person. If given this opportunity, I will definitely spend a lot less time posting in the aforementioned areas where most problems occur, and spend most time solely responding to reports and general conversations.

If you are consistently toxic and immature on the forums/game and, as it seems, unapologetic for it, that definitely says you aren't fit to be in a position of power alone. as anyone with a staff position, you're representing the people you are under, and by acting that way you are discouraging others who may not see it the same as you do and giving, in this case, skial a bad wrap. sure you may be able to carry out the commadns and aspects of a moderator, but there's also the aspect of being a role model or at the very least someone whom people know they can go to when they have issues without hesitation. You do say you're going to try to be better, but actions speak louder than words, and starting to do that now, before getting the position seems like a beneficial move that you haven't been taking

Overall i'd say its a -1 for me, due to the main facts of obvious immaturity, lack of proof regarding competancy to the role, and unproven past experience/dedication. but what do i know, i'm just some lurker.

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
Ok look Courtney I am going to give you my opinion on this. The stuff you did to me like you telling me to STFU all the time I will ignore and everything else. I am looking at these posts and dumb rating any posts that go against you is just not good in my opinion so I will be saying -1 on this and I will say nothing more.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
trading knoledge has nothing to do with this :/
-1 very cancerous and immature
gets mad about anything
Trading knowledge has everything to do with being a Trade Moderator.

And as with everyone else here who claims to call me “toxic” and “immature”, you have failed to post any evidence of that and are purely piggybacking off of the trolls who had their comments deleted by a moderator. Rating baseless criticism “dumb” is a rightful maneuver, so people should definitely not be using that as a mean to -1 an application.

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Trading knowledge has everything to do with being a Trade Moderator.

And as with everyone else here who claims to call me “toxic” and “immature”, you have failed to post any evidence of that and are purely piggybacking off of the trolls who had their comments deleted by a moderator. Rating baseless criticism “dumb” is a rightful maneuver, so people should definitely not be using that as a mean to -1 an application.

My signature is a piece of evidence. Also, I would like to know the reason you simply rated Anbu’s post dumb without any acknowledgment of what they said when they wrote an essay about how every single part of your application is flawed. Even if things from shitposting don’t count, a person considering applying for admin shouldn’t be calling people autistic and taunting everything that they do. You’re very immature from what I observed, and you’ve even done things to me that are borderline flaming outside of shitposting. This application is obviously very controversial and therefore I don’t think you stand much of a chance but you can certainly keep trying.

Inb4 I get rated dumb

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
My signature is a piece of evidence. Also, I would like to know the reason you simply rated Anbu’s post dumb without any acknowledgment of what they said when they wrote an essay about how every single part of your application is flawed. Even if things from shitposting don’t count, a person considering applying for admin shouldn’t be calling people autistic and taunting everything that they do. You’re very immature from what I observed, and you’ve even done things to me that are borderline flaming outside of shitposting. This application is obviously very controversial and therefore I don’t think you stand much of a chance but you can certainly keep trying.

Inb4 I get rated dumb
A post from a shitposting channel is not evidence, as previously stated.

You yet again made another claim (flaming outside of unmod) without posting any evidence.

As for Anbu, they provided fair criticism, but most of it was about matters that were already discussed and explained.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Since it is an issue that is being brought up repeatedly, I’ll reiterate.

Behavior in shitposting channels and unmoderated channels are not a reflection of ones ability to be an administrator. As Luke stated, there are admins who fling insults, drop the n-word, and troll users in those sections of media. While yes, it’s “immature”, it isn’t credible proof of anything. The gleaming point that everyone is choosing to ignore is that that behavior isn’t brought into the servers, as dictated by an extremely tame chat and zero gags by the console or by an admin.

Leave criticism of my behaviour to what exists outside of the designated shitposting/unmoderated channels.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As an avid player on the/one of the us trade servers, i can say its mostly self-managing, and most problems are easily resolved among players, not to say there's no need for admins, but a large amount of them is kind of unneccessary. To be fair, I don't think i've ever met you on any skial server, and i've been on and off for i want to say about 3 years? Also, i think that, while you are clearly applying for a position on the trade servers, an admin of anything should be a jack of all trades, able to plug in anywhere they are needed, but i can't speak for what skial is looking for.
Firstly, jack of all trades thing again, and second i'd say that official reports are always nicer than word of mouth, as things that can be concretely verified are far superior in proving a point than people you know whomay or may not be close associates. Also, i feel like there should be a prerequesite for hours played and hours recently played to show that someone is serious about the role, promises over the medium of a game that can't be backed up with evidence don't strike me as reliable.
you don't need to be a jack of all trades to efficiently check reports on the forums. Most of these admins have a preferred server they play on but they still respond to reports from all servers.

Dutch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I have personally known Courtney for around 2 years now. Met her of course, on Skial NY. While she can have her moments I am fully convinced she would make a good admin. I have personally never had a problem with her. As an experienced trader myself I know for a solid fact she knows what she's doing. She has helped me personally with trading before and I have seen her help small tier traders. While people see her "arguing" as a critical flaw to her stance I see it as a strong point. It shows she can and will defend her stance on something with full force. While in some instances it might have been unnecessary I feel as this "flaw" will ultimately make her a strong admin.

+1

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
You know whats also a not true? Your JOB
courtsnort: I am a doctor

but if you're a fucking doctor where would you find all the freetime to administrate the fucking server. You bitch stop lying and GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOU AND DEAL WITH IT
Don’t mean to give you attention, but I have never claimed to be a DOCTOR, and it is common sense that a 21 year old wouldn’t have a doctorate degree.

Anyways, I would like to hear some feedback from @Luke and @Sargent¥ as they best know the position I am applying for, and are the individuals that I would be primarily working alongside as a part of the trade team.

Ed_

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
You know whats also a not true? Your JOB
courtsnort: I am a doctor

but if you're a fucking doctor where would you find all the freetime to administrate the fucking server.
90% of the admins have full time jobs?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm with Antamania on this one, he explained it nicely.

Adding in my opinion she's obviously a troll who trolls for fun which I feel is obvious has garnered her a lot of hate here from the troll victims who didn't learn to not take her seriously. And she's certainly known to troll outside of unmod, such as in status updates.

And while I personally have nothing against Courtney and don't have a problem with her trolling (I'm one of those dorks who finds the trolling entertaining at times) I could see the trolling being a problem if she were to become a admin.

BUT

She's competent, and I imagine she's not going to be going around trolling everyone's head off when she should be using professionalism instead if she were to become a admin or trade mod, or both. God knows there's so many people I would love to unload all sorts of shit talk and trolling onto that I run across on the servers but we always know to be as professional as we can to even those people. I imagine she would exercise the same common sense and competency as any other admin in that regard.

But as Antamania said, if she tones down the trolling and personal attacks I think she'd be perfectly fine.

If you're willing to tone back the trolling if you were to become admin then +1

Last edited:
Reactions: Toxik

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Let's be honest here.

Can it be any worse than that admins Skial already has?

+1

Johnny summed my thoughts perfectly - +1.

The lengthy version is that while I have trolled Courtney in the unmod section a few times (although I'm sure it was a terrible attempt) and I give her mad credit for going along with it and not simply ignoring it. The key point to stress is that it was unmod - a place where the rules aren't enforced like on a server or in other sections of the forums.

People can change and can also wear different hats as well. Just because some might not like her status/forum/discord posts doesn't mean that they will continue if she gets admin. The fact is she is a regular, she trades and would be another admin to call upon when needed. I'm sure she recognizes that being admin brings more responsibility.

One last point, (and I will not mention names) but there have been a few Skial admins that are no longer admins for obvious reasons. I'm confident that if Skial is unhappy with a certain admin's behaviour/action that they will be removed as an admin if needed. Why not give a long time member a chance?

Reactions: Defibyoulater