Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
1437:16:00 (388:12:06 AFK)
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:186374867]" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Everyone around here knows me, so no need to introduce myself. I’ve been thinking about applying for admin for quite some time now since getting back into Team Fortress 2, and this is as good a time as ever to give it my honest shot.

I am applying for TF2 admin, but with an emphasis on Trade Moderator. It is too my understanding, and to the understanding of most, that Skial needs some help in the Trade Moderator field. I’ve spent just about all of my time on Skial servers on Trade NY and Trade US, and have been actively trading since joining in 2014. I’m one of the highest tier traders in the Skial community, and am very well known on the servers as the go-to person for any questions or concerns about trading. With the release of BBQ Prophet and Jessica, the trade servers are in sure need of attention and moderation. Luke, the newest Trade Moderator, is doing a fine job with his limited trade experience, but I’m certain that him and Sargenty could use a more active body on the trade servers and cleaning up the Trade subforums. I of course would be ready and willing to spend more time on the other Skial servers, but my focus (at least at first) would likely be the trade servers.

My record on the Skial servers has been squeaky clean for years, as I have not received a ban or gag in any duration, not even by the votemenu system. I have shown obvious understanding of the server rules, even on game modes with different rules such as Deathrun, VSH, and Jailbreak, despite never playing those game modes myself. My expertise is obviously with the trade server rules and regulations. I have submitted several reports over the years, but those aren’t vastly outnumbered by reports I have sent in to admins through steam chat, and can be confirmed by Sargenty, Luke, T-Wayne, and Mocha. If my recent play time is a concern for anyone, I can assure you that I will be playing more and more, and when I’m not on the servers, I have a lot of spare time to take care of reports and appeals on my cell phone and laptop during the day.

I am aware that money doesn’t buy you privilege here, but I feel that my long-time donating is a testament to my support for Skial. I have also contributed to Skial via several accepted/declined/pending suggestions with the intention of making the servers a more enjoyable experience. Skial will not be a side project, and will be my sole focus while on steam. I don’t visit many other communities, and I don’t work for any communities on steam. I was a head admin on a very short lived community server, so I am moderately familiar with the commands admins have in their toolbox.

I am also well aware that my maturity and toxicity is the main concern people will have. I fully understand this, but must emphasize that the way an individual acts in a shitposting channel or unmoderated subforum DOES NOT reflect their ability to accurately and professionally carry their duty as a member of Skial staff. As I stated before, I have an extremely clean record on the servers, and those who know me well know that I can be a very level-headed and logical person. If given this opportunity, I will definitely spend a lot less time posting in the aforementioned areas where most problems occur, and spend most time solely responding to reports and general conversations.

Thanks.​

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I am also well aware that my maturity and toxicity is the main concern people will have. I fully understand this, but must emphasize that the way an individual acts in a shitposting channel or unmoderated subforum DOES NOT reflect their ability to accurately and professionally carry their duty as a member of Skial staff.​

I agree.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1 Confident you would be helpful as a Trade Moderator. See no issues as an Admin as well. Well known here on the forums and the TF2 community. Best of luck.

Last edited:

miyagi

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Gets upset if you decide to banter. Would definitely not recommend anyone who gets upset on a forum to run anything.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1

Has plenty of TF2 gameplay and trading experience
Very knowledgeable of the rules
Won't put up with people's bullshit

selkies

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I am also well aware that my maturity and toxicity is the main concern people will have. I fully understand this, but must emphasize that the way an individual acts in a shitposting channel or unmoderated subforum DOES NOT reflect their ability to accurately and professionally carry their duty as a member of Skial staff. As I stated before, I have an extremely clean record on the servers, and those who know me well know that I can be a very level-headed and logical person.​

Anyone with eyes can see that this [person] gets easily triggered by just about any banter, both on and off Unmod. The only reason I'd want to see Courtney become an admin is to see how badly she'll fuck it up so me and Miyagi can roast her afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Gets upset if you decide to banter. Would definitely not recommend anyone who gets upset on a forum to run anything.

Anyone with eyes can see that this monkey gets easily triggered by just about any banter, both on and off Unmod. The only reason I'd want to see Courtney become an admin is to see how badly she'll fuck it up so me and Miyagi can roast her afterwards.
Please read the whole thing, or at least specifically this part:
I am also well aware that my maturity and toxicity is the main concern people will have. I fully understand this, but must emphasize that the way an individual acts in a shitposting channel or unmoderated subforum DOES NOT reflect their ability to accurately and professionally carry their duty as a member of Skial staff.

Reactions: Feral Angel

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
As you would say, as you did with CT I believe, this should be considered a shitpost.
Seriously tho, what the heck. You're always calling me autist, or even other ppl on the Discord, be it on the unmodded channel or not. You've repeatedly rated my posts as "Dumb" even if they're reports, which obviously shows you're childish. You get easily triggered. You were already restricted on some discord channels for your
You might be a big trader, the best trader on Skial, TF2, whatever, but you're no more mature than me or CT or anyone else that you call autist, and I don't think someone like that should have admin powers.

-1 ofc

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Please read the whole thing, or at least specifically this part.
I honestly doubt selkies is one to say about reacting to banter, seeing as she called court a "monkey" outside of unmod on a non-shitposting, professional admin application.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm conflicted here. I think she makes a lot of reports, and would be a good admin in that sense. But, she also would make a lot of people complain about her behavior. It's true that things in shitpost should not be counted towards a person and that the entire existence is there for people to blow off steam and what not. I'll +1 it, but I'd also advise you calm down with the personal attacks on people even in shitposting , should you become an admin. I don't think admins should be calling specific users autistic on any forum. Just my two cents.

Reactions: san7890

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
A careful +1. Courtney has been known for over stepping, but has a good sense of the rules. It is understandable a lot of people are wary of Courtney becoming an admin/trade mod, but they cannot deny the potential.

And so I like many others will +1, but any sign at warping as an admin will surely have her stricken from the team. I have a good feeling Courtney will carry on after this with the proper etiquette.

note (edit): where she lacks decorum, she is not incompetent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chance

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Anyone with eyes can see that this [person] gets easily triggered by just about any banter, both on and off Unmod. The only reason I'd want to see Courtney become an admin is to see how badly she'll fuck it up so me and Miyagi can roast her afterwards.
You're both stupidly obsessed with her lol

+1

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Vodka4Gaben

Gore-Spattered Heavy

You're disgrace to humanity, You're almost as toxic as me, and you're not liked by the community.
I will not change my opinion.