The Best Bast

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hello everyone, I hope my title isn't too confusing, but I'll explain.

I have noticed several reports for the use of the homophobic f-word, be it in three or six letters. Since the console can, as it's possible with the use of the n-slur, wouldn't it be convenient to add these two words to the list of banned words, to have its users silenced for 120 minutes for homophobia (and have the length of their punishment adapted by an admin depending on previous offenses if necessary) ? I'm suggesting this because it seems empirically that the use of this word is always an offense, no matter the context, and is always leading to a silence in the end.

In case an admin isn't on the server during the offense, that would prevent slur-using flamers from going into rants with escalating toxicity and being more and more vocal and / or annoying before being reported and silenced, reducing the risk of creating an atmosphere that would make other players leave. That would also be easier to deal with, be it for players willing to report rule-breakers or for admins having fewer reports to check.

Just an idea that crossed my mind. I hope it's doable and / or interesting, else, sorry for the bother.

A boi

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
you could also just
pick a better way of calling people who are skilled at lasers/fanatic about lasers something other than laserfag.
like imagine if VSH players called skilled hales "Halefag" you're just putting the word "fag" in there for no reason at all when you could just say "oh, X is a skilled hale player" just call people who are skilled at lasers, skilled at lasers. it's not that hard.
Define "better".
When I experienced lasers and someone said "we need laserfags" I understood what he meant, it was easy to understand and no one had a problem with it since the intent was clear.

So come up with a new word then. I don't see how saying "laserfag" is essential to ZE. Maybe say "lasertard" or something, idk. I'm sure there's a better name that can be brought up without using the word "fag" in it.
Laserfag has never been problematic until you said it is problematic, you are asking us to fix a "problem" that is non-existent in ZE.

VentureDev

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
+1 the ZE community has more or less stopped saying laserf*g in-game so its not really a problem and plus this is basically already in the rules anyway.

And it uh can actually be pretty offensive at times.
it's only 'stopped' out of fear as admins are starting to hand out some ridiculously long mutes for things they weren't before, in-game or on discord.

as i and a few others see it laserfag (along with some other ZE variants) were always a nonissue until this thread popped up. there hasn't been any any instance I know of where someone was offended from its use, including ZE regulars a part of the LGBT community.

as someone who likes the same sex

also context matters