mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What good would it do to have these reports go through anyway? It's not like admins can fix map problems.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
he means as in if a report has "door" in it it doesn't pass, same with "camping"
It seems to be referencing a certain issue on jailbreak. Admins still can't fix 'door' problems so one again -1.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It seems to be referencing a certain issue on jailbreak. Admins still can't fix 'door' problems so one again -1.
Yes, admins can't fix the door. What he is suggesting is that if someone tries to make a report with "door" in it, it will not go through. Meaning there will be no reports about "OMG DOOR FREEKIL LOL"

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Why? It is to cut down on invalid reports until I'm free enough to sit down and work on a new update.
Like seth said- It would be to prevent reports with the word "door" passing though, just like it is with camping currently.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This is meant to be a temporary solution in the meantime

Why not release just the fix itself now instead of piling it into a big update?

That would stop the reports from coming in, would shut everyone up and would fix the problem

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Why not release just the fix itself now instead of piling it into a big update?

That would stop the reports from coming in, would shut everyone up and would fix the problem

Drum has to submit these changes to bottiger who likely would want to keep the new versions to a minimum.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Drum has to submit these changes to bottiger who likely would want to keep the new versions to a minimum.
Yes considering everyone has to redownload the [large] map every time.

The second reason is I just don't have the time, honestly. It's never just one fix. I go down a deep rabbit hole of fixes and features every time I start editing a map. So it'll take longer, yes, but it'll be better in the long run.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
You guys remember when you typed in /report zebra spamming the report would not go through, it would bring up a message. (i dont remember what it says)

Can we make it to where the report does not go through when someone types /report *JB server* freekilling door or /report *JB server* door is killing everyone!!!
with a message saying "this is not a valid report". or something.

refering to these threads
http://www.skial.com/threads/jailbreak-ny-the-door-freekilled.48380/
http://www.skial.com/threads/jailbreak-ny-door-is-freekilling-us.48346/
http://www.skial.com/threads/jailbreak-ny-the-door-is-freekilling.48240/

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So just to clarify, its possible blacklist certain words and phrases from vote reports? If so, then +1.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Just hire someone who will actually fix a problem that's been known about for ages.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Dude I fucking suggested this like a month ago.

I will fix the door, but not now. I have zero free time for mapping currently.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Doors kill people all the time, people should be more cautious of them. Just write it off as a natural cause death