DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Could the filter be applied to reports coming from Jailbreak only? There are cases of people deliberately holding spawn door open, albeit rare.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I didn't even know there was a report filter.
+1

After what Dave said I'm gonna -1

I'd rather see something done about the door itself rather than suppress the complaints

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Dave brings a good point, if the people don't like it you should change it.

Last edited:

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe you could get around to fixing the door like everyone wants and you said you'd do instead of making these sorts of suggestions.
-Dave

Reactions: Phaiz

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Just because people complain about something doesn't mean it needs to be fixed. Especially in jailbreak.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
That door is broken. The only person who thinks it's not is drum, because he finds it funny
The door is working as intended and I agree with it killing people trying to hold it open. Drum did say he was going to tweak the damage but it still doesn't belong as a report because its not ACTUALLY broken.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just because people complain about something doesn't mean it needs to be fixed. Especially in jailbreak.
The innocent should not be randomly punished by a countermeasure for one method of griefing that could easily be countered by other means.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The door is working as intended and I agree with it killing people trying to hold it open. Drum did say he was going to tweak the damage but it still doesn't belong as a report because its not ACTUALLY broken.
but it also kills people on accident quite a lot. I was on TOP of the armory, it clipped through the roof and killed me. Totally makes sense.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
but it also kills people on accident quite a lot. I was on TOP of the armory, it clipped through the roof and killed me. Totally makes sense.
That's the first time I've ever seen someone actually explicitly say that it clips through the roof. Part of the problem is people go DOOR BROKEN FIX and then don't give details. If it clips then yes I would agree its broken. I thought it was just killing people that werent paying attention to the door.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's the first time I've ever seen someone actually explicitly say that it clips through the roof. Part of the problem is people go DOOR BROKEN FIX and then don't give details. If it clips then yes I would agree its broken. I thought it was just killing people that werent paying attention to the door.
You shouldn't have to be super careful when walking through a door.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Back when I played basically every time I played guard the door smashed me. The worst part of the door is that it just randomly shuts, with no warning.

-1 fix door plos.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I mean, is it not safe to say Drum is aware of it? I don't see the need for a cluttering of the reports section for something that is already been made aware of. Drum is pretty much the only one that is going to fix it. Other admins either cannot or will not. I think KinCryos and Bottiger are the only ones that do any kind of mapping other than Drum. Fill his inbox with angry PMs and leave the reports section alone.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I mean, is it not safe to say Drum is aware of it? I don't see the need for a cluttering of the reports section for something that is already been made aware of.
The door is a problem and needs to be fixed, the amount of reports show that. Just because drum thinks its fine doesn't mean something shouldn't be done about it. Drum hardly plays the game anymore, let alone jailbreak

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
The door is a problem and needs to be fixed, the amount of reports show that. Just because drum thinks its fine doesn't mean something shouldn't be done about it. Drum hardly plays the game anymore, let alone jailbreak
Like I said very few people do mapping and Drum is the only one that touches jailbreak now that Cylosis is gone for the duration. Bottiger wouldn't fix it unless it was terribly gamebreaking since he is too busy and Drum is basically the goto person on Jailbreak.

I am just saying that it's basically useless to make reports on the situation because it has reached a certain level of awareness and more reports won't help. Drum said he is going to modify the door. http://www.skial.com/threads/take-this-picture-out-of-ba_jail_casuarina_b5.46130/page-2#post-513739

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Isn't there a way to filter reports based on keywords?
Anyways, marking invalid.
This will be fixed in the next update.
--

I didn't even know there was a report filter.
+1

After what Dave said I'm gonna -1

I'd rather see something done about the door itself rather than suppress the complaints
Dave brings a good point, if the people don't like it you should change it.

Well, it looks like you guys are completely illiterate. Please, derail my suggestion with ANOTHER debate on the door when I've said MULTIPLE TIMES that

I AM FIXING THE DOOR.

I am currently busy and I will release a big update in the future. I decide my schedule, not you.

I know, it's a small bug but I think it has happened only a few times. I will fix this also in the next update.

Drum hardly plays the game anymore, let alone jailbreak
I haven't been on as much but I just completed a tour in MvM. I still play tf2, I just am busy right now.

This is meant to be a temporary solution in the meantime, to cut down on invalid reports.

Last edited: