KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
okay so i did a stress test with afterburner. im getting around 50 fps

i put my core clock and memory clock to start overclocking it. i hit apply, and my graphic driver stopped responding, and recovered

and then m whole computer turned white and froze. lol

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
yeah roman suggested that. All the capacitors seemed to be okay, i looked at it for a while yesterday. both on the MoBo and the graphics card.

I think i know why its acting up, i spilled some kind of alcohol in my computer one night. I have usb ports on the top of my computer. So i think it sunk in and hit the graphics card. Idk to be honest. maybe i fried something or made something short circut

Without taking off the plastic housing that would be hard to determine.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Until you manage to get an advanced RMA you could probably underclock the card, whether it will avoid the driver crashes I don't know, but it's certainly worth a try.

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Checkered textures is a sign of a faulty graphic card. Usually caused by overheating but not always.

Popping electronics is an indication of a blown capacitor. They are most present on graphic cards, motherboards, and power supplies. It was probably your graphic card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

So much this.

I was going to say the same thing, any kind of "pop" sound while your computer is running is very, very bad. If I were working your issue on the bench I would try a different GPU to rule this out.