Deleted

Positively Inhumane Poster
I don't plan on adding anything else besides server player graphs and per day KD and connection time later. The stats are already being collected, just need a GUI.

Most of the stats it doesn't have that are in hlstats aren't very useful such as the ranking system, headshots, and killstreaks, all poor measures of TF2 skill. While I could probably add all those features, very few people use hlstats anyway and we would have to worry about spending more and more on the stats server. It is already using using a substantial portion of an SSD.

Hlstats will be shut down near the end of the month.
So do you plan on keeping a similar GUI as the HLSTATS or are you remaking it?

Bottiger

Administrator
Why would I copy the hlstats GUI? The GUI is already done.

I don't have the time to make it fancier nor do I think it really needs styling.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It is possible to track chat for a specific server? I do see you can filter it by tf mode, tftrade, tfidle, etc.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The new stats page looks alright, but it feels like it is lacking some of the things that the old page did offer, most notably the past aliases, like @ozzeh said

Deleted

I am liking it so far. Although, the background is kind of driving me crazy because it is offset according to the original image: http://i.imgur.com/kIhXfgV.jpg .
Also, I would like to see the total connection time in D:H:M:S time not H:M:S. If those could be fixed then I am entirely satisfied. You're doing a great job so far.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't plan on adding anything else besides server player graphs and per day KD and connection time later. The stats are already being collected, just need a GUI.

Most of the stats it doesn't have that are in hlstats aren't very useful such as the ranking system, headshots, and killstreaks, all poor measures of TF2 skill. While I could probably add all those features, very few people use hlstats anyway and we would have to worry about spending more and more on the stats server. It is already using using a substantial portion of an SSD.

Hlstats will be shut down near the end of the month.
One thing I kind of would like in the new stats aside from what you already said is kill assists. I've noticed they aren't showing up in event logs. I usually use those for Jailbreak related stuff, but if you can't/don't want to that's alright with me.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The new stats page is pretty nice. You deserve a cat gif Bottiger

z9wGmAd.gif

Bottiger

Administrator
One thing I kind of would like in the new stats aside from what you already said is kill assists. I've noticed they aren't showing up in event logs. I usually use those for Jailbreak related stuff, but if you can't/don't want to that's alright with me.

I could add them back in but it would add more load to the server. Even though I have tried to optimize it, it is still writing a tremendous amount of data.

Wouldn't it be enough to ban the person who did the kill?

Deleted

I could add them back in but it would add more load to the server. Even though I have tried to optimize it, it is still writing a tremendous amount of data.

Well if someone assisted in freekilling someone or whatever I am pretty sure they should be punished too. That is what is most just.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just wondering, would it be possible to have a list of people on the server currently like how HLStats was?

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think hlstats event logs were ever a 100% fair way to decide if someone is freekilling for the same reason someone showing me a vote called couldn't decide if the vote was abusive.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

If it's too much of a load then I wouldn't mind if it wasn't added in.

I don't think hlstats event logs were ever a 100% fair way to decide if someone is freekilling for the same reason someone showing me a vote called couldn't decide if the vote was abusive.
They aren't. Usually I used it to determine if someone's voteabusing story was legit or not, but I normally ask for demos of that.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
It is possible to track chat for a specific server? I do see you can filter it by tf mode, tftrade, tfidle, etc.
I'd like to grab this because I believe that the mix of chat could become irritating to some people. There is normal mode, then trade, then normal mode again and you need to keep digging the log instead of having it for that particular server.
I'd like to re-suggest what DaivdBaekr said, please, if possible, make it possible that chat can be tracked for different servers. I'm sure it'll be handy for the admin staff.
I suggest it because I just tried finding a specific log from a specific person yesterday but i had to scram through different servers.
Thanks for considering it.

Edit: Or maybe it is there but I didnt find it.

Last edited: