• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The one thing I find bullshit about phlogs is that the crit taunt fully heals injured pyros afterwards. So I'll be in a situation as soldier where I unload 2 rockets on a phlog pyro coming at me, then he taunts before the 3rd rocket hits and at this point I only have one rocket (nowhere near enough to kill a full pyro) so I have to either use it to rocket jump away or die to the phlog. It's just frustrating that I have to make an effort to escape from what I initially thought would be an easy kill. I understand the invincibility while taunting but the full heal afterwards is just ridiculous since it encourages a cheap, kamikaze tactic for pyros.

Its no more or less cheap than a lot of other cheesy weapons. With things like the beggar's bazooka and the machina I really don't understand why Phlog is always the single target of hate. I don't use it, and giggle at people who do, but I think it's funny it actually makes people rage.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Its no more or less cheap than a lot of other cheesy weapons. With things like the beggar's bazooka and the machina I really don't understand why Phlog is always the single target of hate. I don't use it, and giggle at people who do, but I think it's funny it actually makes people rage.
I agree. I also hate the Baby Face's Blaster, The Machina, and the Dead Ringer among others for various reasons. The phlog is like the Justin Bieber/Britney Spears of TF2 weapons since it gets so much hate for being obnoxious.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I never quite understood all the rage this weapon gets. I know it's scrubby/cheap/annoying when someone gets the crits...but before then they literally can do nothing but wm1 you - isn't it just a simple matter to shoot rockets/stickies/bullets at them and kill them before they get to the point of this thing being effective?

I've never had an issue dealing with phlog pyros, and I can't understand when other people do.

As I understand, people have the same issue here as with the Frontier Justice/Gunslinger: Your team's incompetence punishes you if they get to your team first. I don't have much issue with this, personally, it's just annoying to round a corner and run right into a random crit Phlog.

But the same thing happens when I round a corner and run into a random Heavy.

My pet pevee is Sprays,some can be funny,or just down right gross.

cl_playerspraydisable 1
r_spray_lifetime 0

Edit: Here's one: Pomson hate. It's seriously a completely ineffective weapon and people only hate it because STAR_ bitched about it a couple of times. He even bitched about it in his Discomfort Zone video on Engineer, where he was completely ineffective with it and managed to top score once because he got a few random bits of damage (seriously about 10-20 damage) on people that were going to die anyway, giving him a shitload of assist points.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The one thing I find bullshit about phlogs is that the crit taunt fully heals injured pyros afterwards. So I'll be in a situation as soldier where I unload 2 rockets on a phlog pyro coming at me, then he taunts before the 3rd rocket hits and at this point I only have one rocket (nowhere near enough to kill a full pyro) so I have to either use it to rocket jump away or die to the phlog. It's just frustrating that I have to make an effort to escape from what I initially thought would be an easy kill. I understand the invincibility while taunting but the full heal afterwards is just ridiculous since it encourages a cheap, kamikaze tactic for pyros.
the taunt is long enough for you to make an escape, though, hell, the taunt is long enough to reload a few rockets, which can be used to kill the pyro.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As I understand, people have the same issue here as with the Frontier Justice/Gunslinger: Your team's incompetence punishes you if they get to your team first. I don't have much issue with this, personally, it's just annoying to round a corner and run right into a random crit Phlog.

But the same thing happens when I round a corner and run into a random Heavy.

cl_playerspraydisable 1
r_spray_lifetime 0

Edit: Here's one: Pomson hate. It's seriously a completely ineffective weapon and people only hate it because STAR_ bitched about it a couple of times. He even bitched about it in his Discomfort Zone video on Engineer, where he was completely ineffective with it and managed to top score once because he got a few random bits of damage (seriously about 10-20 damage) on people that were going to die anyway, giving him a shitload of assist points.
my only real problem with the pomson is it's outrageous hitboxes.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
my only real problem with the pomson is it's outrageous hitboxes.

Consider this, though: The projectile moves as slow and standard rockets and doesn't explode. It also deals a shitload less damage and, and I cannot stress this enough: It replaces a hitscan weapon with a projectile weapon. And it loses two shots in the process. The shotgun is just a better weapon in every way. If you're close enough to a Medic that you can reliably hit him, you're much better off shooting him with a shotgun and, y'know killing him instead of just delaying his uber by a few seconds.

Shaohs

Scarcely Lethal Noob
People who put your name then type "is a dick" or something like this
Example: Kalle Deimos is a dick.