Votes: 10 47.6%
  • So So S-\

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Bad!

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
In all fairness I have never used autobump but the second I manually bump a trade 1-2 phishing accounts add me. Sure you're going to get a bit more when you autobump, but it isn't really a big issue.
Mm, I got tired of sorting through the 'real' trades, the 'offline' crowd and the ones that forget to close their trades long after the item has been sold. I haven't traded from OP in a while, kinda want to keep any business of that on skial servers now.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Auto-bumping on OP was supposed to help the person get their trades done, in reality, all I see it is you painting yourself with a bulls-eye to robots and phishers. I do not see any positives in having it unless the Auto-Bump feature would work when the trader was online or left a trade offer link.

I got OP Premium in the early hours of April 30th. From March 29th-April 29th, my backpack increased in value by $24.10, according to backpack.tf. This, by the way, was pretty consistent with the previous months, indicating that I had hit somewhat of a trading plateau.

From April 29th-May 29th (after I got OP Premium), it increased in value by $160.21, and I actually had sold some keys twice in that period.

So yes. Autobump helps get trades done. But then again, I didn't have a timer go off every 30 minutes telling me to manually bump my trades, so I suppose there's that.

NoMoreDie

Uncharitable Spy
amm, tnx for all the reasponses,
i need to clear myself more, while i have written about outo bupm i meant on the non premium that auto bump against the rules.
about this, what do you think?
i mean, outpost used to "give" the bump script to every one who donated more than 1 key, but now it's work on "premium".
thes ppl who still using auto bump, what do you think about them?
(by the way, it's so easy to make that script!)

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
amm, tnx for all the reasponses,
i need to clear myself more, while i have written about outo bupm i meant on the non premium that auto bump against the rules.
about this, what do you think?
i mean, outpost used to "give" the bump script to every one who donated more than 1 key, but now it's work on "premium".
thes ppl who still using auto bump, what do you think about them?
(by the way, it's so easy to make that script!)

See my previous answer about entitled people. I get that some people can't afford some things, but my TF2 trading pays for my TF2 server, my OP and bp.tf premium, contributes to minor unexpected expenses (20-60 dollars here and there), and allows for investments into other (minor) side income sources. OP and bp.tf help with that, so I don't understand what's so terrible about kicking OP and bp.tf a few bucks a month. I'm fairly certain that OP Premium will kind of become an unnecessary thing if I end up devoting myself fully to trading in unusuals, but I think I'd still do it just because I benefit from the site and giving them a small amount of the money I make from trading seems like the least I can do.

If you do TF2 trading right, it shouldn't take more than a couple of months before you can sell off about 10 keys, which should net you 3 months of OP Premium. I have more time for trading than most people do, but even if you spend very little time on the internet, 10% of my first month's profits after I got premium would be $16, which is more than enough to pay for that expense.

Again, though, you have to do it right. I see a lot of traders going about things all wrong, not learning from mistakes, and that sort of thing. As long as you do it right, though, you should be good.

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
I got OP Premium in the early hours of April 30th. From March 29th-April 29th, my backpack increased in value by $24.10, according to backpack.tf. This, by the way, was pretty consistent with the previous months, indicating that I had hit somewhat of a trading plateau.

From April 29th-May 29th (after I got OP Premium), it increased in value by $160.21, and I actually had sold some keys twice in that period.

So yes. Autobump helps get trades done. But then again, I didn't have a timer go off every 30 minutes telling me to manually bump my trades, so I suppose there's that.
My outlook is on the masses, you're most likely one of the few that actually does trade, speak English and probably negotiates at a reasonable price.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
My outlook is on the masses, you're most likely one of the few that actually does trade, speak English and probably negotiates at a reasonable price.

Price lowering suggestions on backpack.tf often require unsold trades from green name traders on Outpost simply because those are the traders that should and do have the best chance at selling things.

Last edited: