Votes: 10 47.6%
  • So So S-\

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Bad!

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

NoMoreDie

Uncharitable Spy
On the past few months I see more and more bots around, spamming all over tf2outpost.
In my opinion they have ruined the comiunnity, but I want to hear another opinions.
In addition, what do you think on autobumpers?
I know my language "isn't perfect", please try to understand...
Gn8

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Skynet ...

Terminator.gif

"GIB M3 UR H@TS"
(I don't like trade bots)

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
In addition, what do you think on autobumpers?
Autobumps are the cancer of outpost. Nothing better than waiting a week to trade pixels with someone who can't not use Cyrillics.

If you mean tradebots like scrap.tf's tradebots, I like those. Would rather pay a little more and have quick and painless trading than haggle with some guy about shit I don't care about.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I for one think those bots adding me to inform of me of their friend who is totally not fake who wants to trade me are quite useful. They even provide you with a non-suspicious look alike Steam link to their totally legit Steam profile that will certainly not steal your password.

This public service announcement brought to you by the Phishing Bot "We'll Steal All Your Items" Administration Board

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Iv had hat bots that work very fast and nice. And some bots that suck. Guess it depend who programed them and how much they cared to do it.

The bot I frequent on Outpost is nice as you can talk to it a little and have almost a conversation with it.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Autobumps are the cancer of outpost. Nothing better than waiting a week to trade pixels with someone who can't not use Cyrillics.
10 points for grammar there Daivd, "can't not".

Anyways, about bots

Positives
  • Sometimes efficient
  • Usually online
Negatives
  • Stock isn't always what trade lists
  • Group invites
  • Hard work of users actually trading is wasted
  • More effort required for trading (commands need to be given to bots sometimes)
  • Used for practices that are frowned upon in the community such as phishing, invites to chats and groups, craft farming, etc.
As for auto bumpers
  • Got what they paid for
  • Trades get ignored cause you never know from look if they were online during bump
  • More likely to get phished
  • Makes me feel proud when I have more C/Os then them ^.^

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First, tnx for all the respones.
Second, why outpost does't make a step and stop it?
Outpost doesn't care, simple as that. Outpost does whatever it can to make sure there site stands as a safe trading environment. There goals are to simply make sure the community can come together to trade safely, outside of the site is up to the user. It is the user's choice to add a bot to their friend's list and to trade with them.

Another thing, there hasn't really been an issue with bots that should be brought to attention in a trading sense, phishing is already being dealt with but trading, well...nothing. If you see an issue with a bot that should be handled, then contact Outpost themselves.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I use scrapbanking bots and I used to use key trade bots before that stopped being an issue for me (I have enough keys and metal now that I don't need to swap the two). I like trade bots. For standard trades, like currency exchanges, it's a lot easier to deal with them than with a person and, quite frankly, a 1-2 scrap profit for 2 trades doesn't seem like a worthwhile pursuit to me. I imagine that, without key trading bots, the key prices for selling and buying would be further apart.

As for autobump? Well, it's been my experience that most of the hate comes from one of two groups:

1. The entitled. These think that everyone else's time is worthless and those that list and babysit trades shouldn't get anything out of it other than a pat on the back for a job well done. They want to quicksell their items for full price and don't understand what's wrong with that. Either that or they benefit from sites like TF2OP, dispenser.tf, and DOTA2 Lounge and don't understand the concept of helping the site. Basically, they want all the services that the sites provide for free and don't see anything wrong with feeling like they deserve that, meanwhile expecting the people that own those sites to take all the cost (both in time and money) upon themselves with nothing in return.
2. The hopeless dreamers. These are the people that think that the reason why they can't get anyone to do a 1:1 Strange Ullapool (2,500 in the world) with their Strange PDA is because of the existence of TF2 currencies at all. Because, after all, currencies serve no real purpose in the real world and, clearly, everyone that wants to sell a Strange Ullapool would want a Strange PDA, right? If we just removed all types of currency trades and just traded items for items, their trade wouldn't be up more than an hour (if that). One day... one day.

Honestly, the most valid protest when it comes to autobump is that people leave it on when they sign off. This is (usually) a jerk move and I dealt with someone today that had their trades autobumping while they were offline for almost a full 24 hours, but I've accidentally done it and I do it intentionally when I'm (pretty sure that I'm) going to be offline for an hour or less. I also do it for my unusual trade and my dispenser.tf trade that I have posted on Outpost, since people shouldn't be adding me for either of those anyway. What I'd like to see Outpost do is default to not autobumping trades when the user is offline, which is what I thought was supposed to happen in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrath and Chance

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
First, tnx for all the respones.
Second, why outpost does't make a step and stop it?
Wasn't there a thread made a while back about this? lol

http://www.skial.com/threads/stupid-things-on-tf2-trade-sites.39055/

Trading Bots, in my view, are tools for the greedy, lazy and stupid.

Auto-bumping on OP was supposed to help the person get their trades done, in reality, all I see it is you painting yourself with a bulls-eye to robots and phishers. I do not see any positives in having it unless the Auto-Bump feature would work when the trader was online or left a trade offer link.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Auto-bumping on OP was supposed to help the person get their trades done, in reality, all I see it is you painting yourself with a bulls-eye to robots and phishers. I do not see any positives in having it unless the Auto-Bump feature would work when the trader was online or left a trade offer link.

In all fairness I have never used autobump but the second I manually bump a trade 1-2 phishing accounts add me. Sure you're going to get a bit more when you autobump, but it isn't really a big issue.