Hype?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
H can have his opinion. But he just stated it out of nowhere, knowing his opinions were unpopular, to start a flame war. Look where the topic is now to see my point.
you're joking, right?

I put my thoughts on the upcoming smash game and adressed my least favorite game in the series, that is all

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you're joking, right?

I put my thoughts on the upcoming smash game and adressed my least favorite game in the series, that is all
Oh come on. You just randomly said "Melee is the worst game" in the middle of your post, in a topic about smash bros 4. You knew melee is widely regarded as the best in the series and were going for a reaction.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You knew melee is widely regarded as the best in the series and were going for a reaction.
That, or maybe he just really doesn't like Melee and felt the need to say that since it was somewhat relevant in his post. You can't just say, "You meant x when you said y," because there's no definitive way you could know what his motives are for saying his opinion on something. While this a thread dedicated to the new SSB, I don't think it's unreasonable to chime in on the others every now and then, especially with Smash since all of the games are very similar to one another. It's not like he was saying, "Melee is the worst game ever and if you disagree then you're an idiot!" That's troll baiting. You were the one to make a huge fuss over it when you called his opinion baiting.

Reactions: Chance

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That, or maybe he just really doesn't like Melee and felt the need to say that since it was somewhat relevant in his post. You can't just say, "You meant x when you said y," because there's no definitive way you could know what his motives are for saying his opinion on something. While this a thread dedicated to the new SSB, I don't think it's unreasonable to chime in on the others every now and then, especially with Smash since all of the games are very similar to one another. You were the one to make a huge fuss over it when you called his civil opinion troll baiting.
If he had expressed them in an non-insulting way I wouldn't care.

I fucking said if it weren't for melee nobody woulda wanted him to begin with.

And lucina is a direct clone of marth you shit, and if you'd have bothered to finish reading my post, I've pointed out that they do all have differences.
Lucina is stupid, a direct marth clone, coulda been a separate skin, i know dr.mario, lucina, and dark pit have some differences (dr.mario more so than the rest) But they are mostly a waist of character slots.

Melee was the worst game in the series.
Are these really "civil opinions"?
There's a difference between expression and insulting
Melee is my least favorite game = opinion
Melee was the worst game in the series = insult
Lucina is stupid = insult
I don't like Lucina = opinion

Saying "melee was the worst game" is like saying "The game you like the best was really the worst", saying "Lucina is stupid" is saying "You like a stupid character.".

I get he was expressing his opinions, but he was doing it in such a way that would insult people.
I'm done discussing this, any of my future posts will be about smash bros 4 or tournament news, don't want to derail the thread.

Just gonna edit in here that I didn't take these insults personally, I don't really care for Lucina and pm is my favorite smash game. I told him to get out after being an asshole and then penguin misconstrued my post, and that's what pisses me off.

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
For the record I also dislike Melee.
Shoe could've been nicer but I think you're taking this the wrong way / too far, Seth.
Shoe dont act like such a dingus pls.

KTHX now lets bond over swag bros 4.

Deer Force

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If he had expressed them in an non-insulting way I wouldn't care.

Are these really "civil opinions"?
There's a difference between expression and insulting
Melee is my least favorite game = opinion
Melee was the worst game in the series = insult
Lucina is stupid = insult
I don't like Lucina = opinion

Saying "melee was the worst game" is like saying "The game you like the best was really the worst", saying "Lucina is stupid" is saying "You like a stupid character.".

I get he was expressing his opinions, but he was doing it in such a way that would insult people.
I'm done discussing this, any of my future posts will be about smash bros 4 or tournament news, don't want to derail the thread.
that's just the way he talks
he was born an asshole

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Saying "melee was the worst game" is like saying "The game you like the best was really the worst"
This is what I'm talking about. You're taking this too personally. I seriously doubt Shoe had spiting you in mind when he said, "Melee is the worst game ever," to me he was being direct and specific with his opinion, and often directness does get misconstrued as condescending or insulting, but more often than not people don't intend for it to be that way.

Last edited:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I like how the master ball is now in ssb.
Yea, it just makes sense. How many people honestly catch legendarily in a pokeball?
By the way - goldeen can be found in a master ball.

Last edited:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
2Bp2TzC.jpg

Main discussion?
http://apps.warchamp7.com/smash/roster/

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm surprised by the amount of Dr.Mario nerds. What's up with that? I play him because when I was 6 and played melee he was "Cooler Mario". And since he's back I'm just gonna continue the tradition.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm surprised by the amount of Dr.Mario nerds. What's up with that? I play him because when I was 6 and played melee he was "Cooler Mario". And since he's back I'm just gonna continue the tradition.
I like pills more than fire balls, and I like his spin more than F.L.U.D.D. I know fludd is 100% better now but that spin man.

Status
Not open for further replies.