KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't care about the games or your guy's opinion on the mac. One of the companies i work for has macs, paid for me to get certified and now they pay me more.

Only reason i got it.

So can you tell me what's so great about macs?

Nothing really. it is just another operating system?

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
How long do certification courses generally last? I'll probably have to get a handful done after I have an AAS in network security.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
How long do certification courses generally last? I'll probably have to get a handful done after I have an AAS in network security.

most certifications last forever i think. however 10.8 certification wont be so good looking to have when the next OS comes out. So i would need to re-certify in the newest OS if i want to be up to date on my Apple certifications. But i will forever have the 10.8 certification on record.

One of my boss's has a MCSE in windows 98. He still has the certification, but it doesn't really help him out now. If he would wanted a new job that certification wouldn't help him as much as a newer certification.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
most certifications last forever. however 10.8 certification wont be so good looking to have when the next OS comes out. So i would need to re-certify in the newest OS if i want to be up to date on my Apple certifications. But i will forever have the 10.8 certification on record.
Oh, yeah, I know that bit. I meant how long does it take to complete the coursework. My dad got a CompTIA A+ cert in a period of like two weeks, but I think that was a special case.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Depends on the certification. My class was 3 days. But i can take the test whenever i wanted to at a testing center.