Ps4 Or Xbox one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That's what I meant by 'internet', I could care less about hulu and all that. Charging for multiplayer is just...silly.
Wait so Microsoft has been doing this for years with Live and nobody seemed to care but the moment Sony does it then it's just silly?

k.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Wait so Microsoft has been doing this for years with Live and nobody seemed to care but the moment Sony does it then it's just silly?

k.
the difference is that the Xbox line never had free multiplayer, Sony did and now they're axing it

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
the difference is that the Xbox line never had free multiplayer, Sony did and now they're axing it
In a world of subscription fees you would be stupid not to. Especially when NOT charging for so long and people STILL gladly paid for Xbox Live... any CFO would be fired for not making the same decision.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
In a world of subscription fees you would be stupid not to. Especially when NOT charging for so long and people STILL gladly paid for Xbox Live... any CFO would be fired for not making the same decision.
if that's true, then why is Nintendo's multiplayer still free?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

A good amount of people bought Playstations over xbox because they didn't require a subscription fee. Its simply one of the perks that to some made it better than Xbox. Now that Xbox's next console has completely bombed it's no surprise this new Sony subscription slipped by smoothly.

Like Fishykitty said, if Xbox was actually doing decent this time around then there would likely be a lot more controversy around the Sony subscription fees.

Regardless its a great money maker without a doubt but it's still a pretty dick move to your loyal customer base.

That's what I meant by 'internet', I could care less about hulu and all that. Charging for multiplayer is just...silly.

I was planning to go with a PS4 but it looks cheaper to go with a mid end gaming computer now days for that cost + the recurring subscription

Well, not really.

Sony require proper infrastructure to support multiplayer available to us. They need to buy hardware to support their servers (and everything else that comes with it, like the added cost of electricity each month), they need staff that can take care of the hardware and they need support that can help people with related questions to the network of Playstation 4. It's literally a chunk of cash piled on top of their other needed payments.

But also because they are a very happy company right now. With how shitty Xbox is doing (not even their recent "pulling-all-policies" will clean up the entire mess), Sony can literally do anything and most will buy their console. What company (their primary goal is to acquire cash, don't forget) wouldn't want an additional cash cow each month if they were able to?

Also, it's just 5 dollars each month (source: ...my cold tea), it's like one sandwich on the street. Come on mate.

Come on.
You're not that cheap.
...Buy me hot tea instead then, you can get some good quality for 5 bucks.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, not really.

Sony require proper infrastructure to support multiplayer available to us. They need to buy hardware to support their servers (and everything else that comes with it, like the added cost of electricity each month), they need staff that can take care of the hardware and they need support that can help people with related questions to the network of Playstation 4. It's literally a chunk of cash piled on top of their other needed payments.

But also because they are a very happy company right now. With how shitty Xbox is doing (not even their recent "pulling-all-policies" will clean up the entire mess), Sony can literally do anything and most will buy their console. What company (their primary goal is to acquire cash, don't forget) wouldn't want an additional cash cow each month if they were able to?

Also, it's just 5 dollars each month (source: ...my cold tea), it's like one sandwich on the street. Come on mate.

Come on.
You're not that cheap.
Couldn't agree more... this is like everyone complaining about Valve charging for Mann Up tickets. Then again there was no reasoning with those people either...

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, not really.

Come on.
You're not that cheap.

Oh well shit, someone told me it was $15 a month

$5 isn't that bad then. Still I'd prefer it without it but it could be worse and not much more that I can do other then QQ.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Plus you know.. the PS4 is 100$ cheaper than the xbox so Sony is probably selling it at a lose and have to get their money from PS+

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sense Xbox announced DRM, I might get it. Because I already have an account and games n stuff, and that reason only.

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh well shit, someone told me it was $15 a month

$5 isn't that bad then. Still I'd prefer it without it but it could be worse and not much more that I can do other then QQ.
BK5mdXJCMAQhjY-.jpg:large