EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
No, this isn't a fan boy war thread, i have NO clue of which one to choose

Well, after checking many internet guides it said that the PS3 was a good choice for me:

+ Better prices here in Brazil
+ Free Internet connection
+ Backwards compatibility on the PS1, unfortunately no compatibility for PS2 on the slim
- I don't like the exclusive games
- Awful store

But...

X360

+ Cheaper games
+ Better exclusive games
+ MS points
- Here in Brazil, Xbox 360 is the most pirated console of this generation, that means that there's a low online player base
- Pay for play online
- Awful player base on other countries

No hate at any of those, this is my view at both of them besides being obvious that ps3 is the one for me, i still don't know which one to pick

So, give me your experiences and recommendations about both

sorry for grammer no h8 pls

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Wait for the new generation and either buy the new one, or wait for the old ones to drop in price a good bit. The choice only really matters based on which has the franchises you like, if you want to play halo you obviously can't get a ps3 and vice versa.

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
Wait for the new generation and either buy the new one, or wait for the old ones to drop in price a good bit. The choice only really matters based on which has the franchises you like, if you want to play halo you obviously can't get a ps3 and vice versa.
1 - I live in brazil, the coutry which each console takes +5 years to be knew and sold here, SNES was introduced in 1995, N64 was kinda premature here wich was introduced in 2000, the 7th generation was introduced in 2008 here
2 - Prices take to long to drop
3 - New generations consoles come here 3x it actual price, xbox 360 "launch" here in 2008 its Arcade version cost 1000.00 Reais, around 500/600 dollars

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
da wii u is so gud
it has the exact same graffics as both of those consoles, and it came out 6 years later
2gud

Reactions: SgtGiraffe

Da_money125

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
If the online situation down there is as bad as you say it is, buy a PS3.

Most 3rd party games are on both and the PS3 has some great exclusives like Uncharted, Infamous, and God of war.
Also there's lots of great stuff on PSN Store like Journey, Soundshapes, and Uncharted 3's Multiplayer: which is free to play.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Can't you just use some import/export service? The 50$ fee is less than the 100% price hike you're getting.

Sexy Heisenberg

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I have an Xbox 360 (the slim version, not that clunky sounding old piece of crap). I actually wish I had went with the PS3, but it's more expensive. I don't care about the Xbox exclusives, and I don't want to pay for Xbox Live.

Also, I really want to play MGS4 but I can't when I have a 360, and I also really want the PS3 for it's free use of online play. So if I were you, I'd go with a PS3 unless you REALLY like the Xbox exclusives.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1 - I live in brazil, the coutry which each console takes +5 years to be knew and sold here, SNES was introduced in 1995, N64 was kinda premature here wich was introduced in 2000, the 7th generation was introduced in 2008 here
2 - Prices take to long to drop
3 - New generations consoles come here 3x it actual price, xbox 360 "launch" here in 2008 its Arcade version cost 1000.00 Reais, around 500/600 dollars

You can always buy one online and have it shipped to you

But if you don't want to go with a new console, I suggest a PS3. In the long run its a lot cheaper and has other nice perks like built in blu ray and what not

Sexy Heisenberg

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Stopped reading there.

It's a "is this one better than that" thread, how is that NOT a fan boy war thread?

Because we're objectively listing the Pros and Cons, instead of saying "NO XBOX IS BETTER CUZ OF HALO AND PSONLINE GETS HACKED ALOT".

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
da wii u is so gud
it has the exact same graffics as both of those consoles, and it came out 6 years later
2gud
nty 2gud4me

Stopped reading there.

It's a "is this one better than that" thread, how is that NOT a fan boy war thread?
I'm trying to collect people experinces on both, not each one just saying ps3 is better, thats why everybody who talks something like that will recieve a duumb rating

You can always buy one online and have it shipped to you

But if you don't want to go with a new console, I suggest a PS3. In the long run its a lot cheaper and has other nice perks like built in blu ray and what not
Did i mention that i live in brazil? 60% taxes, sad but true

Can't you just use some import/export service? The 50$ fee is less than the 100% price hike you're getting.

Isn't applicable to Brazil, soon it get here its already taxed, only if a person send that for me, not a store, so it would ignore the 60% tax

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Ps3 I feel like it has a nice comunity I wish halo 4 was for the ps3 the halo series is one of the best xbox exclusive games of all time

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
Ps3 I feel like it has a nice comunity I wish halo 4 was for the ps3 the halo series is one of the best xbox exclusive games of all time

That's my point, ps3 have everything for me, except good exclusive titles, like, most of them are adventure, uncharted, god of war, infamous, and mostly i don't like these, and please, killzone is pretty bad...
Well, any community is like heaven or a neighborhood made with Ned Flanders compared to Xbox Live