• No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The VAC will always hate you Void

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So basically I found this program that messes with my video card to turn graphics in my games down even farther than before. I just want to know if ATI Tray Tools would cause an accidental VAC ban, or if it doesn't mess with core game files at all.

What does it do?
Here's a good example of the settings after the tray tool:

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
The only thing VAC does is check the .exe and .dlls I believe so as long as nothing modifies those, you should be good.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Void you should just be banned anyway. Just for being Void. Gabe newl has a dart board with your face on it. As we do all. We get it for free for every hat we own in our back packs.

To be real now, this would not do anything bad, I have seen alot of youtubers use it so they can just have better frames while recording.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1ee4d4b70a49129def00a0093b1a33d5.png

I'M GOING WITH THIS GUY

227 posts and lots of rep.... Hope to god he's right.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
He is probably right since your program doesn't try to modify TF2 at all. It doesn't even touch TF2

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would not take any chances if you don't feel safe with it. If something about you is telling you its not safe, chances are it's not. (This does not 100% mean I'm right. Just saying if you don't feel safe then don't take the risk.)

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If it doesn't directly modify any of the TF2 core files, then you won't get vac'd (With like, a 99% chance).

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
I've used it before with Counter Strike: Source. I never got VAC banned. This is a standard DirectX/ATI/AMD driver feature. All it does is tell your display driver to either increase (with lower LOD bias value) displayed texture resolution or decrease (with higher LOD bias value) texture resolution. The value typically goes from -10 to +10 with zero displaying the texture at it's normal, stored on disk, resolution. Negative values attempt to sharpen the texture by displaying it at a higher resolution than is available or stored on disk. This can have a side effect of shimmering textures. Using positive values has the advantage of needing less video memory to display textures and my help improve performance if you have little video memory or slow video memory.

Reactions: Cowboy Crow