[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Did you check to see if you xp machine would be able to handle an upgrade to win 7?

Also, Thank you for contacting Skials Technical Support staff
No problem, I hope you guys can help c:

And yup, it's a newly built machine. And I ran the Upgrade Advisor as well. I should be good to go, but I don't know what the problem is...

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So far, it's only been mounted to a disk through PowerISO, and booted from there.
Also if it's a new machine why does it have XP?
And if you had to would you be able to use some empty dvds?
From what I've read so far this sounds like it's going to be a pain in the ass

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Contributor
Also if it's a new machine why does it have XP?
And if you had to would you be able to use some empty dvds?
From what I've read so far this sounds like it's going to be a pain in the ass
Just built it, installed XP because that's all that was available. And I have a some blank DVDs, but I don't know how many it would take, and I think it'd be a few....

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just built it, installed XP because that's all that was available. And I have a some blank DVDs, but I don't know how many it would take, and I think it'd be a few....
Also unless they're old dvds they should be able to handle it with only like 1 or 2 discs
One thing I've read is that win 7 doesn't like partitions with FAT32 on the hard drive
Also I've read that it's a good idea to uninstall as many Windows programs/applications ex. windows defender before install
It's it a hard copy or virtual, is it a full install or an upgrade disk?
also what he said I didn't think of that

Blar

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm unsure if this will help you, but it doesn't hurt to try.

It's for a new PC, but is it a new HDD? From what you're saying, you first installed Windows XP into a new HDD because you didn't have "that's all that was available." And now you're trying to upgrade it. Is this correct?

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Contributor
It's it a hard copy or virtual, is it a full install or an upgrade disk?
Virtual, Full Install
I'm unsure if this will help you, but it doesn't hurt to try.

It's for a new PC, but is it a new HDD? From what you're saying, you first installed Windows XP into a new HDD because you didn't have "that's all that was available." And now you're trying to upgrade it. Is this correct?
Yes, I think... I feel bad cause I don't know anything about what I'm doing @_@

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Since You do have some dvds laying around you could burn it to that (you might have to look up how if you don't know)
and if it doesn't work from a disc we could always have you kill disc your hard drive but to use kill disc you have to burn it to a CD and depending on the size of the hard drive it might take a day

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Contributor
Since You do have some dvds laying around you could burn it to that (you might have to look up how if you don't know)
and if it doesn't work from a disc we could always have you kill disc your hard drive but to use kill disc you have to burn it to a CD and depending on the size of the hard drive it might take a day
If the first option doesn't work out, I'll have to see. In any case, I'm going to have to hold off a bit, since it's 4am here. I'll bump the thread in the morning.

Thanks so far, everyone! I appreciate it.