Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You say earlier in the thread you ran the upgrade advisor, and later you say you are doing a full install...
Burn to dvd, format your HD, start from scratch.
As long as the copy you have is solid :S

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
You say earlier in the thread you ran the upgrade advisor, and later you say you are doing a full install...
Burn to dvd, format your HD, start from scratch.
As long as the copy you have is solid :S
Windows XP was on here just to have... something. I'd rather do a clean install, since there's no programs I currently have that make any real difference (Google Chrome and Steam) if they get lost or not.

And if my wording doesn't make any sense, it's because I don't understand anything :c and also because Ruelel gives confoozin advice (sometimes)

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Wait what? Virtual install FROM Windows XP to Windows 7? Like, booting from a program that's running on Win XP? No, impossible to do so, that would require writing over the OS while XP is in use. Just not possible. Also, make sure you use the x64 version of Windows 7.

Acid[NubCake]

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
suggestion: burn the windows7 to a dvd (most cd/dvd writers have .iso to cd/dvd, use that so it stays bootable)
leave the newly burnt dvd in the tray, restart yout pc and spam errr from F9-F12 i never know whitch is the boot menu
when you in the boot menu, choose the disc drive and press enter, after a text will popup whitch says press any key to start installation (or something like that) and after that just let windows load the temp files, and install the OS on w/e partition you want.
if this is confuzing let me know

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
suggestion: burn the windows7 to a dvd (most cd/dvd writers have .iso to cd/dvd, use that so it stays bootable)
leave the newly burnt dvd in the tray, restart yout pc and spam errr from F9-F12 i never know whitch is the boot menu
when you in the boot menu, choose the disc drive and press enter, after a text will popup whitch says press any key to start installation (or something like that) and after that just let windows load the temp files, and install the OS on w/e partition you want.
if this is confuzing let me know
she forgot to post that she solved the problem already

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
she forgot to post that she solved the problem already
It's installed. Need to install all my drivers, etc.

I also have to update the driver for my wireless card so I can connect to the internet, otherwise once I start up my computer, Windows tries to configure updates, fails to do so, and I have to start all over @_@