Deleted

Positively Inhumane Poster
So I found an issue when I updated to Windows 10. A lot of my applications such as Steam were really blurry. I eventually found how to fix it, so for those who may have a similar problem, try this: Find the executable for your application. Right click it and click properties. Click the "Compatibility" tab and then check the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Restart your application and it should work.

cr0w

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I know you just posted this to make a proper shitty trade page, but that's not true at all.
Did i even disrespect you to you say that? It is true, trust me. If you have a good monitor, a good mouse and good spec's you WILL notice the input lag (if you're not an amateur of course). This is caused by drivers, mostly Nvidia's ones (i don't know if AMD has that too). I bet you wouldn't tell the difference between gpu scaling input lag and display scaling input lag :)

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Did i even disrespect you to you say that? It is true, trust me. If you have a good monitor, a good mouse and good spec's you WILL notice the input lag (if you're not an amateur of course). This is caused by drivers, mostly Nvidia's ones (i don't know if AMD has that too). I bet you wouldn't tell the difference between gpu scaling input lag and display scaling input lag :)
If you have that issue then it's not because of Windows 10, me and a ton of other people with good specs all around have no issue with input lag.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Nvidia updated their drivers specifically for Windows 10. I have no idea what you are talking about. If anything, my computer is running faster then ever, and input speed is the same if not better.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i dont know what those things are but shut up

cr0w

Scarcely Lethal Noob
If you have that issue then it's not because of Windows 10, me and a ton of other people with good specs all around have no issue with input lag.
I'm not saying that Windows 10 is bad, i really loved the interface. I'm saying you that from what i experienced, i will stay off it for now, until it will be more polished. I'm just expressing my opinion based on my experiences :) Maybe it depends of system specs, but as i'm a demanding player, who plays semi-professionally the game, i felt it.
Nvidia updated their drivers specifically for Windows 10. I have no idea what you are talking about. If anything, my computer is running faster then ever, and input speed is the same if not better.
Yeah, and that's why the display / gpu scaling is messed up.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Do you think you could provide a screenshot of your problem, I can try to help you. When I updated to Windows 10, my screen was on 1280 x 1084 resolution (normally 1920 x 1080) and all my video settings had been reset. Then I updated my driver and it all got fixed.

Reactions: cr0w

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not saying that Windows 10 is bad, i really loved the interface. I'm saying you that from what i experienced, i will stay off it for now, until it will be more polished. I'm just expressing my opinion based on my experiences :) Maybe it depends of system specs, but as i'm a demanding player, who plays semi-professionally the game, i felt it.

Yeah but that's most likely just your installation being screwy, it was somewhat like that in early versions of Win10 but there is zero input delay. Many pro players use 10 and haven't said anything about input delay, and with how picky about that shit I am I would have noticed any.

Reactions: cr0w

cr0w

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Do you think you could provide a screenshot of your problem, I can try to help you. When I updated to Windows 10, my screen was on 1280 x 1084 resolution (normally 1920 x 1080) and all my video settings had been reset. Then I updated my driver and it all got fixed.
Yeah but that's most likely just your installation being screwy, it was somewhat like that in early versions of Win10 but there is zero input delay. Many pro players use 10 and haven't said anything about input delay, and with how picky about that shit I am I would have noticed any.

Maybe. When i started to play after switching i noticed like i was playing at 40fps or so (i got the game capped at 350). In windows 7 i get about 30 us from dpc latency checker, in W10 i had 200-150 (with latencymon, because dpc latency checker isn't working well in windows 8 and above). Many bios tweaks were done to reduce the input lag, many programs were uninstalled in w10, all drivers were updated but nothing helped.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe. When i started to play after switching i noticed like i was playing at 40fps or so (i got the game capped at 350). In windows 7 i get about 30 us from dpc latency checker, in W10 i had 200-150 (with latencymon, because dpc latency checker isn't working well in windows 8 and above). Many bios tweaks were done to reduce the input lag, many programs were uninstalled in w10, all drivers were updated but nothing helped.
That's an odd issue.

Reactions: Deleted and cr0w

cr0w

Scarcely Lethal Noob
That's an odd issue.
That's what i said and that's why i switched to Windows 7. Hopefully in few months it will be better for me :)

By the way, yeah, i agree that the computer itself runs faster on that OS, no doubt, because it's very optimized. But mouse to game response wasn't too good for me :(

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
By the way, if anyone is still waiting for upgrade notification - there's a pretty easy way to force WinX upgrade:

Reactions: Chance

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So here is the deal. I cant use my start icon at all a long with the "Search the web and windows" on the action bar. I can left click the other's chrome, gyazo, steam etc. but when I right click for lets say a "new window" on chrome it just spins and then doesn't do anything. Another issue is while surfing the web not playing games I get a "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" message and then a auto reboot. I have the latest Nvidia driver which is what was suggested in the FAQ. Wanted to see if any of you are having this issue and if you had a fix or not. I have tried to research some of it but have not found a solution. Its not been that big of an issue but more of an annoyance.

*Wanted to add that when I left click the start button it does nothing but when I right click it it gives me the options. Not sure if this is just how it is with 10 but I swear it was different when I first installed this.

Last edited:

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
so now whats the deal with pirated versions of windows? Can they upgrade for free for a legit version. The information i seem to find contradicts eachother, any experience?

Toxik

Contributor
so now whats the deal with pirated versions of windows? Can they upgrade for free for a legit version. The information i seem to find contradicts eachother, any experience?
From what I've heard, they can get the upgrade but will still be tagged as pirated

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Can confirm

OmWMWg2.png

Source

Other sources

Real links, I swear.