tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
Fantastic, maybe do a benchmark as well? Also, DirectX 12 will be on windows 10, and not on 7 (maybe not on 8 either), which means gamers (and 3D artists) would probably consider upgrading.
DirectX versions are more of a marketing gimmick than anything these days. Still waiting for the upgrade to complete. It's taking forever, even with a SSD.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
Time for an update.

I've been using Windows 10 for a week now. It seems to run nicely and is quite stable with very few noticeable bugs. The upgrade process form Windows 7 was very smooth. Start can easily be switched from a menu to a screen with the click of a button. The menu version of Start is the same as the full screen version; it just uses a smaller area of the screen. All modernUI apps run in a window and have a button on the task bar, but can also still be run in full screen mode. Some modernUI apps don't work well because they don't seem to be able to handle running in a resizable window. The most troublesome app for me is Hulu. Windows 10 has DirectX 12 which includes additions to the API to allow more direct access to the hardware.

I'd say that overall it's an improvement over Windows 8/8.1, but I don't see a lot of Windows 7 uses migrating to it unless they are buying a new computer. The modernUI apps don't seem to provide anything that traditional Windows applications don't already provide. I prefer Debian over Windows 10, so I won't be using Windows 10 as my main operating system. I will use Windows 10 for gaming. However, it works well enough that during this last week I don't always feel the need to immediately reboot to Debian when I'm done with my gaming.