Reporter

Administrator
Why is Skial so toxic?
So I’m on the 24/7 harvest server one day and I made the terrible mistake to casually mention my distain for racism. Suffice to say, the server then went on a escalating rant, and then I made the mistake of also mentioning Trans Rights.

Yeah, uh to keep it short, an extremely unproductive rant happened with me and half the server where they didn’t say a whole lot and I was just trying to process how the hell these guys got so heated super quickly. If you want to know it’s about the whole 43% thing, which like classic bigots said I supported suicide cause I support Trans Rights.

I made the admittedly dumb mistake saying that it’s so easy to get a server heated by saying some generic terms. Boy did I ever get gagged any faster. 30 minutes later I jokingly played the first verse on hold my liquor to humor the server and cool them off. It was working, some even joined to sing, till the debate lord decided to gag me again. I said why he was still heated, he said it was cause I was spamming the vc. I saw the reason listed as racism and then I knew exactly why he called the vote.

In protest, I continued playing the song of my people till I was gagged again, and of course the debate lord decided that he wanted the last word right after I was gagged.

I played till I was eventually bored, but that got me wondering, was Skial ever this toxic? It wasn’t this bad a few years ago, right? I just wanted to talk about some stuff I’ve been experiencing in other source games, what with casual bigotry and shit, and people just being assholes “ironically”. If you want to say I’m just some dummy who doesn’t like free speech or some equivalent thing, remind me about the private policies of Skial servers and Steam at large and whether they defend bigotry or not.

Author: Lolmcswagger

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/lthifx/why_is_skial_so_toxic/
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/lthifx/why_is_skial_so_toxic/

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
"People had different opinions than me so I micspammed to block them out then got muted for it! How could people be so toxic!?!? If only there was an in-game function to prevent me from hearing them and seeing their chat!"

Polaris

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I am gonna pass this with the biggest sigh in my life and just say that this is Reddit.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I made the mistake of also mentioning Trans Rights
hqdefault.jpg