• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The person who answered wasn't the person who disabled it, he was just guessing.

I prefer the term educated guess, and I verified that it was the reason after saying that. Yes, both are disabled due to issues with crashes.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Me, Bottiger, and Zebra found a glitch with the Red Tape Recorder in which it could be used to crash the servers. Therefore Bottiger disabled it until Valve fixed the problem.

DatPwny

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So is the Ap-Sap going to be allowed or no? If not, I'll just have to stick with stock, but I love Wheatley..

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
I think I see what happens. When you are in range of a building with a sapper, there is an image of the sapper projected onto the building. Obviously TF2 can't handle when two spies with two different sappers come in range of a building with their sappers, as it freaks out because it can't draw two different sapper images at the same time on the same building. Obviously not an issue when two spies are using the same sapper, but probably an issue with any mix of two different sappers, like the regular sapper and an Ap-Sap, or an Ap-sap and a Red-Tape.

This is Gaben's fault.