• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murow

Unremarkable User
yup, nothing I did was part of the rules :) so reconsider yourself before you rate a reply as dumb

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
lol it's funny how my fourth offense is even an offense, the rules don't say anything about anything I did.
is all of the skial forum moderators and admins who rate everything against them as dumb?
Harming your team for an extended period of time.
ex. blocking sniper views, teleporter traps, refusing to help advance your teams position

that's the rule you were breaking when spamming sandvichs

also most of the dumb ratings came from non admins

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
is all of the skial forum moderators and admins who rate everything against them as dumb?
I am trying to state this calmly to you. Every admin who banned you (having to say that there are multiple admins that banned you is a bad thing, for the record) is trusted, and had evidence of you breaking the rules. Be it griefing, or /votemenu abuse - which we have records of. I'm sorry you're angry, but you broke the rules several times on your own accord. That was you. Not us.
We enforce the rules. Ruelel was kind enough to have your ban reduced, even though you seem to not feel remorse whatsoever, or even admit that you did break the rules, which we do have records of.

Murow

Unremarkable User
refusing to help your teams position from advancing? by giving sandviches? really? I did not know, and I could easily be warned, it doesn't have to be a ban

Murow

Unremarkable User
because I did not break the rules that are posted. No one told me ruelel reduced my ban period. And yes I admit breaking the rules on the first 2 offenses, but not the last 3, as griefing is when you uber an enemy spy, not give sandviches to players, who are not even trying to push the cart or anything.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
refusing to help your teams position from advancing? by giving sandviches? really? I did not know, and I could easily be warned, it doesn't have to be a ban
We just stated how this ban was for /votemenu abuse, you randomly trying to ban someone. You've done this before. That is what this ban is for. Because you have done multiple offenses like this, it is an extended ban time.

If you would like to discuss how it is griefing, you can "Start a Conversation" with me by clicking on my profile picture and clicking that, and I will explain it to you.

booty|ninja

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Just take the ban and come back in 3 months and play the game the way it's meant to be played...

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's not that you can't give them out it's just if that's the main or only thing you're doing on the server it's considered to be griefing your team

Murow

Unremarkable User
it was not the only thing I was doing, I played for an hour before starting that.
And booty ninja, the rules don't specify that what I did was an offense so please calm down and read the whole thread. only my first two offenses were offenses and I admitted.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
oh and there were two other heavies doing the same thing, and only I got banned.
The admins can't get them all I'm assuming you must have been the more annoying one since they were not pointed out as well and how do you know if they didn't get banned?

it was not the only thing I was doing, I played for an hour before starting that.
And booty ninja, the rules don't specify that what I did was an offense so please calm down and read the whole thread. only my first two offenses were offenses and I admitted.
It would be almost impossible to list all the specific things someone could get banned for, that's why the rules are general terms rather than a long list which means many things can fall under one category even if it doesn't specificity say so

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You said "only first two offenses". I've seen admins, and I myself, have gone from first offense being 2 days, onto a week, onto a month or more.
oh and there were two other heavies doing the same thing, and only I got banned.
If you have demos or would like to provide evidence of them doing it, we'll warn them accordingly. However, this was a while back, if I'm not mistaken.

Murow

Unremarkable User
You said "only first two offenses". I've seen admins, and I myself, have gone from first offense being 2 days, onto a week, onto a month or more.

If you have demos or would like to provide evidence of them doing it, we'll warn them accordingly. However, this was a while back, if I'm not mistaken.
it was in the past two days, when I got banned for a day by chuckwagon for griefing. Why would I have a demo for that? even if I did, I wouldn't want them to be warned, because that's not my point. My point is why ban people for such silly reasons, when others actually do an offense and don't get banned.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
it was in the past two days, when I got banned for a day by chuckwagon for griefing. Why would I have a demo for that? even if I did, I wouldn't want them to be warned, because that's not my point. My point is why ban people for such silly reasons, when others actually do an offense and don't get banned.
they either don't get caught, no one reports them, someone reports them but an admin doesn't join the server in time to see it, someone reports it but doesn't gather any evidence to prove that they were doing what they reported ex.:demos/screenshoots

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
These sort of appeals always amaze me. I've always considered the 1-3 day bans as warnings in themselves... go say "fag" once on a TF2Newbs or some other servers and watch yourself get permanently banned without a warning. Skial increases ban lengths in increments, if you get banned four times and the fifth time is for 3 months you should just be happy it's not permanent because you obviously haven't figured things out.

Murow

Unremarkable User
These sort of appeals always amaze me. I've always considered the 1-3 day bans as warnings in themselves... go say "fag" once on a TF2Newbs or some other servers and watch yourself get permanently banned without a warning. Skial increases ban lengths in increments, if you get banned four times and the fifth time is for 3 months you should just be happy it's not permanent because you obviously haven't figured things out.
The rules don't say anything about votebans, and I was never warned by an admin. I just got banned, and knew I did something wrong in the first two offenses, not the last 3 offenses, because there's no reason. So please don't read the thread before you accuse people of not knowing what they're doing

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
point one, ban periods escalate as an admin pointed out here

Point 2: I am way too fucking lazy to look this up, but did you ever say... appeal the friendly heavy ban when it was fresh? At this point the ban is so old most likely no one cares about what you have to say mostly because you didn't bother to defend yourself when it was actually an issue.

Point 3: You seem to be trying to say that your ban should be shorter because really you should only have 4 prior offenses, but you don't take into account that the ban was already reduced down to 3 months, Something I feel like gwor would give for a 5th offense.

Point 4: You seem to want to say that your shenanigans votemenu abuse isn't worth banning for because... and then you give no reason. You did in fact abuse the feature. There is a record.

Goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.