Fishy_Hippos III

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I'm an owner of a Nokia Lumia 920 with the Windows 8 OS. I personally only know two people that own a windows phone. I imagine that there are many people out there that do own them, but they just don't seem all that common. I'm just wondering what deters people from them...

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Good for business, not so good for entertainment. Define the scope of your phone's usage - school, entertainment, social networking?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I am definitely biased and think iPhones are better. More apps, less buggy, better quality. Give them some time though, Windows was late to the mobile party and (hopefully) will get better.

Reactions: CDAWG

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I am quite anti "i" anything. Never liked the fact that Apple is so "Use our software only or else" mentality. Not a big fan of Microsoft for everyday use. Business it is good for. Always be a Android fan. So much possibilities.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i know a lot of people with windows phones and they always whine about not having all the cool apps and games

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Windows Phone's pretty good. The problem is, it was late to the party. Android and iOS are getting all the chicks and Windows Phone sits in the corner getting drunk off his ass. Their phones are pretty well built (it's Nokia after all) and they are good for business purposes but the Windows appstore still has a long, long way to go before it can even think of competing with android and iOS.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As I said before, Windows Phones are more "business oriented" than "entertainment oriented". Consider this though: have Windows Phones been involved in tracking scandals (like iPhones), or are Windows Phones as targeted for malicious attacks as Android phones?

According to Internet Security Threat Report 2014 by Symantec:

XgD0nvi.png

That being said you have to decide for yourself what you're gonna be using your phone for:
  • Business purpose, MS Office suite, data safety, state of mind, don't care about entertainment - Windows Mobile is your choice;
  • Fancy, entertainment, don't care about privacy and security - iPhone is your choice;
  • Open OS, tons of unfiltered apps, don't care about security - Android is your choice.