• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Hugo Fostin

Uncharitable Spy
Force-A-Nature,Wrap AssasIn,The liberty Launcher,Reserve Shooter,The Pain Train,The Backburner,The Detonator,Schroch Shot,Sharped Volcano,CharginTarge,Cleidah Mor',Tomislav,Sandwich,Killing Box Of Gloves,Overdose,The Quick Fix,The Vita-saw,The Hitman Heatmaker,The Razorback,The Buswacaka,Ambassador,The. Ap-Sap,The Spy Cicle,The Dead Ringer,Cloak and Dagger

BanesNLNM

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The Holy Mackerel. I was playing a game of CTF at one point with a team of random players, around 5-6 of us started as Scout, we all charged out of the gate and caught a Heavy by himself, and beat him to death with many (and mostly) fishes. After the hilarious demise of the Heavy, someone put in chat.. "Help me!".. I can't help but laugh every time I imagine that Heavy's voice saying that line while being mauled by a gang of fish wielding scouts.

Strategically speaking, for a universally useful weapon.. I would have to go along with snow_, if there's ever a tough problem, the Stickbomb Launcher seems to always be the solution.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I had no idea this was a thread! Anyways, I'll say the big ol rocket shootin' thingermajiger simply because...

a) Airshot city
b) Huge damage dealer
c) (imo) Most powerful with critical hits
d) Rocket jumping
e) No stats, basic destruction

Richard O'Mally

Uncharitable Spy
The Wrangler can be very useful on the MvM maps such as coaltown, especially when dealing with the Giant pyros that can't retaliate the sentries projectiles with the only exception of them deflecting the rockets by air blasting.

However,

When on maps like pl_badwater, if you were to be equipped with the wrangler, using the default shotgun would be wise as it would give you the better edge of detecting a spy by shooting more clips, rather then using the low ammo clip weapons like the frontier justice due to not being able to use the pistol. Primary engineer weapons such as the Widomaker can be very utilized when harassing and rushing the enemy players with an average of -85hp damage, but not when you have a provision nest where your supplement of metal becomes essential for building protection. If i'm correct, your metal supply reduction is -25 per shot so your main reliability is set on nearby cartridges because of the quick drainage. I always build the dispenser first which leaves me -100 shy with +100 worth of metal left for level optimization. Lets say the shotgun can deal -50hp damage as an avg.

So, with a widowmaker

A->your net ammo
x-> shot's fired
s-> seconds
Shots dealt w/no set up: 200-25x=8 shots
Shot damage: -85(8)= -680 (alright, pretty lethal) but we must use the inequality equation as {0<x<8}

200-100-25x+8s+25=A

Ex:
200-100-25(3)+8s+25=A
200-100-75+8(5)+25=A
200-175+65=A
90=A ------> Enough ammo for 3.6/8 of a single level upgrade or 3 more shots w/ 15 left over.

Standard Shotgun
Shot damage: -50(6)= -300 (remember, this is a calculated avg. from long range and point blank) with the inequality {0<x<6}

200-100+8s+25=A
200-100+8s+25=A
100+8*5+25=A
165=A ------> Enough ammo for 6.6/8 level upgrade.

So probably the standard shotgun.

Last edited:

[TBM] CeLlS

Uncharitable Spy
The Wrangler can be very useful on the MvM maps such as coaltown, especially when dealing with the Giant pyros that can't retaliate the sentries projectiles with the only exception of them deflecting the rockets by air blasting.

However,

When on maps like pl_badwater, if you were to be equipped with the wrangler, using the default shotgun would be wise as it would give you the better edge of detecting a spy by shooting more clips, rather then using the low ammo clip weapons like the frontier justice due to not being able to use the pistol. Primary engineer weapons such as the Widomaker can be very utilized when harassing and rushing the enemy players with an average of -85hp damage, but not when you have a provision nest where your supplement of metal becomes essential for building protection. If i'm correct, your metal supply reduction is -25 per shot so your main reliability is set on nearby cartridges because of the quick drainage. I always build the dispenser first which leaves me -100 shy with +100 worth of metal left for level optimization. Lets say the shotgun can deal -50hp damage as an avg.

So, with a widowmaker

A->your net ammo
x-> loss of ammo per shot
s-> seconds
Shots dealt w/no set up: 200-25x=8 shots
Shot damage: -85(8)= -680 (alright, pretty lethal) but we must use the inequality equation as {0<x<8}

200-100-25x+8s+25=A

Ex:
200-100-25(3)+8s+25=A
200-100-75+8(5)+25=A
200-175+65=A
90=A ------> Enough ammo for 3.6/8 of a single level upgrade or 3 more shots w/ 15 left over.

Standard Shotgun
Shot damage: -50(6)= -300 (remember, this is a calculated avg. from long range and point blank) with the inequality {0<x<6}

200-100+8s+25=A
200-100+8s+25=A
100+8*5+25=A
165=A ------> Enough ammo for 6.6/8 level upgrade.

So probably the standard shotgun.

Incoming old/relevant meme:
2RMOh.jpg

Reactions: Richard O'Mally

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The Ambassador is for sure my favorite weapon in team fortress. It gives spy a real authority on the map, when you're health is under 102 and you see a spy with the Ambassador out, even if you know he can't aim or wouldn't hit the shot past the pro strafing of A,D,A,D,A,D,spacebar keyboard spam, it still could all be over in 1 shot : D plus spies like Hei have shown how incredibly dangerous the Ambassador is!

Reactions: Chance

Jinx

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Nothing beats a stock rocket launcher ...
First weapon was a sandvich. -_-