• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

NotFred sucks at dr

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Here are mine:
Bazinga is fun: Despite hurting my eyes. Bazinga is pretty fun. Some decent traps and it has one of the best parkour minis ever.

Bank is mid: I like the idea and the theme. But I hate how short the map is and how majority of the game you spend in the massive room looking for the key. Including the fact that later you have two 50/50 doors (One doesn't even work that well). Next to Office it's my least favorite map on rotation.

Cocainum 2 >> Conainum 1 (Christmas/Halloween): Cocanium 2 is longer, and I like traps more than in the first one. Also there are two 33/33/33 paths/doors in Cocanium 1. Disgusting!

Waterrun is the worst parkour map: Decent map. But I think that other parkour maps are just better in every way.

Ancient memes is the best shitpost/corridor map: The theme of the map is noice. The first few traps suck but after the Crazy Frog one, the traps are alright. I really like the nuke trap. Funrun is a noice addition, and there are plenty of fun minigames. I do agree that it's overplayed, but it doesn't stop me from having some enjoyment from it.

You're welcome to rip my takes to shred. But don't forget to give some hottakes yourself B)

FaiireN

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Home Sweet Home is one of the best deathrun maps. The vibe of being small in a giant house is really cool and the traps are really originals.

Ancient memes is the best shit post map with cool abilities like trimping and the freerun race is kinda cool if you don't want to play as hale.

Waterrun is not fun, way too long and you spend the rest of the game waiting in a prison this is not fun at all and some parts are totally bullshit.

Playstation despite looking really good is a bad map, the dr part is boring and way too short, the boss is way too buggy and punitive, the minis are not good despite being based on cool PS1 games, they are too long or too easy and the johny boss is again totally buged if a lot players are in the arena.

Technoir is better than Neonoir.

Psykopat is the map with the best ambiance.

Minefarm has the best minis.

The Best Bast

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Everything is nothing but my opinion of course. And it's not map specific, but still is on topic, I think.

Bunbun / Bunsy was (/is) the king of this mode. His maps aren't equally good (Meme Factory 💀), but I think he understood the DR spirit more than anyone else. Regarding the active mappers, Alexrox is probably his succession.

Strafing sections are outright awful. People who don't know how to do it can't learn anywhere (jump academies are for rocket jumping, not people who want to regular jump strafe between pillars) and creating your own server alone on a map with a strafing part to learn is a pain in the ass in terms of efficiency. Meanwhile, people who know how strafe do it mechanically, so it's not particularly pleasant or challenging for them. Nobody wins, except mappers who need to fill an uninspiring gap. And yes, I do have skill issues, but I would like to at least have ground to improve on the mechanics I'm confronted to.

Freeruns are trash. I am going to buy Just Dance and play it with friends, and when it's my turn, I'll say "no, thanks, I don't like dancing haha" and I'll sound just like someone who logs on a Deathrun server and doesn't want to kill people. Freeruns are only good if rewarded with an instant win or a humi, but some maps disable them completely when there's a freerun button and it's pushed. Wrongfully so in my humble opinion.

Regarding specific maps : Playstation, Watterrun and Nighttown are terrible maps, but for two of those, that doesn't seem to be that hot of a take. Hopefully, they're not as overplayed as before.
On the ones I love, I terribly miss Technoir and Windows XP which were insanely good maps to me. On a lower level, I would love to be able to play on Mario64, Outrun and R60D on Skial. But of course, I don't expect any of these to return to the rotation any time soon.

Bosses and secrets can single-handedly ruin a map if forced. Runners can permapick boss just because "boss" sounds big, making the map repetitive and tiresome, and secrets can lead to players stalling at some points for very little benefits. Specifically on the bosses, I also find it ridiculous to have a big bad guy triggering a 3 minute long repetitive platforming section and then "ugh I lost I'm dead". It's sometimes well done of course, like you're moving towards his heart to break it which doesn't save the boss part but at least makes the ending logical. In any case I'll take a conventional spinner over any boss any day, because at least I feel like I'm competing with a Hale, not with a confused pattern knot.

Last but not least, the best map ever can be made bland by a passive or uninspired server, just like the worst map ever can make you piss yourself laughing with the right people. This game heavily depends on community, so don't be too harsh on maps, and have the right friends to play with.

I could go on for ages. I love this mode so much. Nothing hot-taky about this one, I just hope TF2 has a few more years in it, because it wouldn't be the same on another game.

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
I like maps that are synthwave and harder maps

im neutral to normal deathrun maps

i hate maps that are just corridor meme maps( i hate them more if they have a middle fingring 50/50 door)

Reactions: NotFred sucks at dr

nien

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Freerun is mid, i hate the scouts litteraly going 500km/h while others are going 30km/h, which makes it impossible for spies medics etc to complete the map

Bazinga is trash, yes, the parkour is valid, but the fact u can go to the side for the win register to avoid u makes an opportunity to stall the round

Nighttown is overplayed, litteraly every time i play this map i only see BOSS and only BOSS, nothing else.

edit | Also, dr_office_skial players try not to go to the pit just to get killed by activator (impossible)

Finally, bring back dr_technoir and dr_minigames, they are so classic and i didnt see anyone bitching to remove it

Geicola

Mildly Menacing Medic
Here are mine:
Bazinga is fun: Despite hurting my eyes. Bazinga is pretty fun. Some decent traps and it has one of the best parkour minis ever.

Bank is mid: I like the idea and the theme. But I hate how short the map is and how majority of the game you spend in the massive room looking for the key. Including the fact that later you have two 50/50 doors (One doesn't even work that well). Next to Office it's my least favorite map on rotation.

Cocainum 2 >> Conainum 1 (Christmas/Halloween): Cocanium 2 is longer, and I like traps more than in the first one. Also there are two 33/33/33 paths/doors in Cocanium 1. Disgusting!

Waterrun is the worst parkour map: Decent map. But I think that other parkour maps are just better in every way.

Ancient memes is the best shitpost/corridor map: The theme of the map is noice. The first few traps suck but after the Crazy Frog one, the traps are alright. I really like the nuke trap. Funrun is a noice addition, and there are plenty of fun minigames. I do agree that it's overplayed, but it doesn't stop me from having some enjoyment from it.

You're welcome to rip my takes to shred. But don't forget to give some hottakes yourself B)
they're bad

Reactions: NotFred sucks at dr