Status
Not open for further replies.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
It's not that hard to aim slightly below the crosshair with a teeny bit of practice, and it's basically a wallhack. At least with the High-Five taunt your "reflexes" are severely reduced.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
using third person is for baddies, and using it effectively only works on baddies

The only way I could see this as beneficial to anyone is sniping on the battlements from 2fort, and that's so if you can see a sniper across the way.

But it's pretty much a 25 foot, horizontal "HEY SHOOT ME" platform anyway, so you don't even need that to do well.

Some might argue, "BUT ISIL, COULDN'T SOMEONE USE IT TO SEE IF SOMEONE WAS AROUND A CORNER INSIDE OF THE BASE?"

To which I would reply yes

But they would also have to turn their camera at a 90 degree angle to accomplish such, which would probably get them killed

can you really argue that someone is more prepared wasting their time glancing around a corner than if they were merely ready to fire instantly on the off chance that there was someone around that same corner without using third person?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Its a fun option built into pub play, not a wallhack at all, infact the innacuracy of playing in !3 balances out any percieved advantage.. the only place I would consider removing it is on the comp server, where it is frowned on the same as the pomsom and the phlog.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Admittedly, I haven't actually played with it. It just seemed(and still seems) a lot like a wallhack, frankly, but eh.

However, even if the crosshair is the absolute opposite of where you aim, it should be disabled on comp servers.

Fish

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
+1 for removing from comp servers, I like my melee scout too much.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think it should be removed. One specific instance on 2fort really set me off. Williker is being a giant fagtot pyro sitting in the water with the neon sign weapon, waiting to instant kill people. I got tired of it and went spy. I got maybe 5 feet behind him, decloaked (standard invis) and he turned right around as soon as I got within rage. I asked him how he knew I was there, and he explained he had 3rd person enabled. I don't really see how it's a benefit to our servers.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Well, it IS 2fort.

But yeah, like I said, it's just a shitty addition that's basically a wallhack. Might as well turn sv_pure 0 on if we don't care about that whatsoever.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, it IS 2fort.

But yeah, like I said, it's just a shitty addition that's basically a wallhack. Might as well turn sv_pure 0 on if we don't care about that whatsoever.
srsly
"hey cloosy, we got dis guy haxing on teh toowforts."
"nah, don't worry about it, it's just 2fort."
Maybe I'll luck out and get hit by a car on my way out today.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Well yeah but 2fort IS the map where it can be exploited best :p so many straight corners and it's supposed to be a defensive flanking map.

Also, I think everyone who voted disagree should give a reason why we should even implement it. Let's suppose someone suggested a mod to turn on thirdperson. It would really never be accepted. I've no idea why Bottiger even added it in the first place.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've tried !3 on the comp server, it doesn't work at all.
It did, but i just came from there and found out it had been disabled, i dont know how long for though.. I have seen people leave lobbies because it was enabled.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
wasnt someone already wrongfully banned for wallhacking because of !3?
Yeah, but we figured that out fairly quickly. It's not a wallhack because you're not seeing through any walls. Your camera is just more zoomed out so you can see around you. I think it's fine for pub play and if you play 2fort, you're bringing it upon yourself. The reduction in aiming ability more than makes up for it. Demoknights are another story, but it's fairly easy to avoid them anyways. The person that reported them was just a terrible player and he had more than enough time to avoid the charge in most cases.

Reactions: GIBE MONEY PL0X
Status
Not open for further replies.