Max1996

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
The Superjump is the most important way for Hale to move around the map. This is why it never made any sense for the HP penalty incurred upon every use of this ability.

On the other hand, the previous Superjump Vulnerability (double damage from hits during superjumps) makes more sense as a penalty, because it serves as a reward to players who manage to land those hits, due to how difficult that would be due to the Superjump.

Thus, I believe it is a good idea for the Superjump penalty to be reverted to what it was previously.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
in which bottiger denies every suggestion no matter what?

lol wut
https://www.skial.com/forums/suggestions.13/?prefix_id=9
That looks like a lot of "denied" suggestions. So lets actually count. There's 43 pages of approved suggestions.

For the denied there's 58.
https://www.skial.com/forums/suggestions.13/?prefix_id=10
I'll let you you do the math but you should stop spouting bullshit. Just because the suggestions you want get denied doesn't mean all of them do.

Bottiger

Administrator
If the way the servers are now wasn't bad/unfun the server would still have more of the old regs but they moved on to other servers either made by themselves or another provider.

Which regs are they? People quit the game all the time. I clicked on 10 of the top players here http://stats.skial.com/season/#/list/6/season/8 and they are all still playing on Skial.

There's absolutely no noticeable drop in the player count since the change was made.
saxton.jpg

I personally have no fun walking around not jumping at all or not very often and living with over 50% of hp because this was made for the (lets face it) trash tier players that don't know how to SJ in the first place/can't strafe etc.

The change does not stop you at jumping at all. You are free to jump, you just won't save a bunch of hp and end up with 90% of health left.

If a player has to learn to super jump to win then find a way to get it in their heads that they have to. Flash it on their screen in huge letters idc?

Did you not see it in chat every single time telling people to jump to win? I also removed crouch jump because people claimed that was the main reason noobs were so bad a jumping. Yet it still didn't help.

And this doesn't fix the issue that half the players like demos, spies, medics, and pyros can't damage a boss that's in the air 90% of the time and it is unfun for them.

It's so triggering personally to watch a player say "wow i think i did good for my first time as hale" and they win with 30k health remaining. You think any other semi-competitive game mode (or game in general) has that low of a learning curve? No is the correct answer.

This is a gross exaggeration if I've ever heard one. The win rate for bosses is still less than 50%.

Before I made all these changes, half the people on the server had noboss on. If I let people like you make the balancing decisions then our server would be as dead as the other vsh servers.

Bottiger

Administrator
it's not like teleporting stuns HHHjr for 3 seconds, preventing them from attacking and giving the soldier time to rocket jump away or anything. and a solorage wouldn't do anything since the soldier gets stunned for 1 second if it's a solorage. and since telestuck isn't a thing anymore you can't rely on that to get the soldiers either. so again, HHHjr has a harder time catching any soldier that's actively trying to avoid him. and capping on some maps (jurassic redux, reservoir, hakeuri shrine, degroot keep) isn't an option because either the cap doesn't work, or the cap time is so absurdly long that hale would die before they can cap the point.

You don't need to instantly kill a soldier every time you teleport. The teleport closes the gap enough so the boss wins in the battle of attrition. Also I was against removing the telestuck which was obviously put in for this reason.

i can use your own argument against you because it is flawed. bosses getting a faster swing speed for not using superjump for more then what feels like 5 seconds isn't balanced. hale's default swing speed should be slower so that not using superjump gives you the regular default melee swing speed instead of making it faster.

And why exactly is it not balanced? The only reason you say that is because you "think" it is so. You didn't even give a reason!

gentlespy isn't balanced because he denies all melee based classes/subclasses because he will hit them first every time, and he has a hitscan primary that he starts with 2 bullets in reserve, allowing him to cheaply pick off REDs from any distance without them being able to fight back.

I have not made any changes to gentlespy, it is entirely controlled by mub. I was against the addition of this boss because it is like a stronger CBS.

your VSH server is also only the top VSH server in the world because the other VSH community servers died out. gee i wonder why

Yes I am really wondering what your argument is for this.

also i don't """eyeball""" what is """correct""". i use actual experience playing the gamemode in the server you host for us

Except that is exactly what you are doing. The fact that you say that nobody likes cinema yet people still stay on the server when the map switches to it and don't rtv off of it tells me that you are very biased with your observations.

by buffing the bosses you only made winning as hale if you had more than 1 braincell even easier than it already was. but again, your """stats""" will back up that because that's clearly not the case because you keep trying to balance hale around the bottom 1% of players

Again another complete exaggeration. Boss win rate is still below 50% and if I balanced it for the bottom 1% of players, then bosses would be winning all the time.

Whurr

Uncharitable Spy
You don't need to instantly kill a soldier every time you teleport. The teleport closes the gap enough so the boss wins in the battle of attrition. Also I was against removing the telestuck which was obviously put in for this reason.

And why exactly is it not balanced? The only reason you say that is because you "think" it is so. You didn't even give a reason!

I have not made any changes to gentlespy, it is entirely controlled by mub. I was against the addition of this boss because it is like a stronger CBS.

Yes I am really wondering what your argument is for this.

Except that is exactly what you are doing. The fact that you say that nobody likes cinema yet people still stay on the server when the map switches to it and don't rtv off of it tells me that you are very biased with your observations.

Again another complete exaggeration. Boss win rate is still below 50% and if I balanced it for the bottom 1% of players, then bosses would be winning all the time.

all of your counter-arguments solidify the fact that you don't play the game you host servers for. and no, sitting in spectator on an alt to "collect stats" doesn't count as "playing the game". i could show you evidence of easter bunny being OP and you'd deny that it's true because "the stats say he's underpowered". and you're going to get evidence that he's OP in the hands of anyone with more than 1 functioning brain cell.

yes he has the golf club in the video, no that doesn't make a difference since the the real thing people have been making an uproar about for EB demo being unfun to fight against is the crits. he was more balanced when he had the golfclub and no crits. but of course your "stats" will say that this statement is "false" because he had a low WR% with just the golfclub and no crits.

i'm going to cut my reply short since all you seem to be able to do is recite your "stats" and constantly claim that everyone else is "wrong" and that you "know better than anyone else." and if you really were against adding gentlespy, then why didn't you decline mub's suggestion to add him in the first place? clearly something here doesn't quite add up if you apparently have the "final say" on what content gets added to your servers.

Bottiger

Administrator
all of your counter-arguments solidify the fact that you don't play the game you host servers for. and no, sitting in spectator on an alt to "collect stats" doesn't count as "playing the game". i could show you evidence of easter bunny being OP and you'd deny that it's true because "the stats say he's underpowered". and you're going to get evidence that he's OP in the hands of anyone with more than 1 functioning brain cell.

Out of all the examples, you cherry picked the example that fits your biases. The rage is obviously OP in small areas. Even then the win rate is only 60% on cinema. We can't perfectly balance every boss for every map.

But this is yet another example of why eyeballing the gameplay is not the way to balance the game. Outside of maps like this, bunny has the lowest win rate out of all the bosses at 40%.

and if you really were against adding gentlespy, then why didn't you decline mub's suggestion to add him in the first place? clearly something here doesn't quite add up if you apparently have the "final say" on what content gets added to your servers.

Because believe it or not, I do compromise.

gentlespy.jpg

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
i could show you evidence of easter bunny being OP and you'd deny that it's true because "the stats say he's underpowered". and you're going to get evidence that he's OP in the hands of anyone with more than 1 functioning brain cell.

Do the same thing but in a medium or large map. Let’s say dust just as an example. Nine times out of ten you’ll lose.

Bottiger

Administrator
People just point to an example on 1 map and forget about the rest.

lol.jpg

This is why eyeballing things by saying "I'm a regular that plays 10 hours a day I know what I'm talking about" is just a terrible way to balance things.