Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
In b12 all the major layout changes have been reverted.

And what's wrong with the "catapult" bug? He got stuck in his building, then got a lot of momentum from being shot by his sentry. In a normal game you'd either not get launched, or use the wrangler to accomplish it (at which point you can just wrangler jump). I'll fix the stuck, but it's not as big of a problem as some of you are saying.
I believe the issue is likely that it's a common engineer nest spot and now it's bugged. People can totally use it to get a massive jump away from hales even which is cool.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
I believe the issue is likely that it's a common engineer nest spot and now it's bugged. People can totally use it to get a massive jump away from hales even which is cool.

You won't get any momentum from it unless you get hurt from your sentry. like that video, it only happened because hale stood right ontop of whurr.

At that point, it's no different from a wrangler or short circuit jump, plus there's not much you can do afterwards. It's better to not let yourself get stuck in the first place.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You won't get any momentum from it unless you get hurt from your sentry. like that video, it only happened because hale stood right ontop of whurr.

At that point, it's no different from a wrangler or short circuit jump, plus there's not much you can do afterwards. It's better to not let yourself get stuck in the first place.
Only ways to get unstuck are: Die, Destroy buildings, Move buildings which then leaves your team vulnerable and you highly vulnerable. In the heat of the momentum, it seems fairly easy to get stuck.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
its always funny to look at people talking, thinking they have an opinion
and it got declined because it wasnt turret testing
Everyone has an opinion. Its just a matter of listening to them. Bottiger has the say what goes, and nothing so far is convincing enough for him to remove cinema, or revert foreststation

Bottiger

Administrator
hey i was right.

same excuse every time

When did I make this excuse?

Let's take a look at another map we have that people here will probably think is better than cinema on the same website.

abandoned.png

Hmm would you look at that. Every single number is lower even though this website is worthless at measuring map popularity.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People thinking they know better when it is the complete opposite.

MrLupin

Contributor
When did I make this excuse?

Let's take a look at another map we have that people here will probably think is better than cinema on the same website.

Hmm would you look at that. Every single number is lower even though this website is worthless at measuring map popularity.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People thinking they know better when it is the complete opposite.
Well, people are only playing Cinema for the sole purpose of grinding ranks in VSH, not because it is fun (telefrags are way easier on Cinema thanks to certain rooms spawns).
If you really like to keep Cinema in rotation regardless of complaints, then so be it. But you should really think about the players on skial, not just the stats of that site.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well, people are only playing Cinema for the sole purpose of grinding ranks in VSH, not because it is fun (telefrags are way easier on Cinema thanks to certain rooms spawns).
If you really like to keep Cinema in rotation regardless of complaints, then so be it. But you should really think about the players on skial, not just the stats of that site.

I never used that website to tell which map is popular or not. And our own private stats show people like the map, it is in the top 3 maps.

If it was universally hated, people would not vote for it and they would rtv off of it every time. Just because you personally don't like the map doesn't mean other people don't love it.

MrLupin

Contributor
I never used that website to tell which map is popular or not. And our own private stats show people like the map, it is in the top 3 maps.

If it was universally hated, people would not vote for it and they would rtv off of it every time. Just because you personally don't like the map doesn't mean other people don't love it.
Ok then, mind if we can see the screenshots of this "private stats"? If not, then give me and many others a good reason (other than its popular, stats wise) why we should keep it.

Also, I'm not the only who doesn't like the map. Many people who I known in Skial, they hates Cinema like I do.

Eitherway Bottiger, your logic doesn't make sense from your stats perspective. Yes its popular, but there's a majority of players who hate it. The people who do nominate and vote on it either want to play it for grinding ranks in seasons, to piss people off out of spite, or are new players who haven't known the maps of VSH. You keep defending Cinema even though people clearly shown hatred towards that map (not stats wise, mind you) from a vocal perspective. I would understand if you actually shown screenshots of your "private stats" showing the popularity of Cinema, but you really haven't shown that "stats" other than numbers that cannot be verified.

Bottiger

Administrator
Ok then, mind if we can see the screenshots of this "private stats"? If not, then give me and many others a good reason (other than its popular, stats wise) why we should keep it.

Also, I'm not the only who doesn't like the map. Many people who I known in Skial, they hates Cinema like I do.

The issue here is that some people refuse to believe the facts because they personally hate the map. I honestly find it kind of funny and disrespectful that people think there's no way their personal opinion is wrong and the person that is running the top vsh server in the world for the last few years and actually has the data is the one that's wrong.

Showing you the stats isn't going to convince you either. They could be easily doctored because they are in text format, and publishing it just gives shady communities like uber.tf a blueprint to copy. But here it is anyway.

rank.png

Eitherway Bottiger, your logic doesn't make sense from your stats perspective. Yes its popular, but there's a majority of players who hate it. The people who do nominate and vote on it either want to play it for grinding ranks in seasons, to piss people off out of spite, or are new players who haven't known the maps of VSH. You keep defending Cinema even though people clearly shown hatred towards that map (not stats wise, mind you) from a vocal perspective. I would understand if you actually shown screenshots of your "private stats" showing the popularity of Cinema, but you really haven't shown that "stats" other than numbers that cannot be verified.

Not sure how many times I have to explain this, but if the majority of players hate it, the map would tank in the stats. That's how maps end up getting removed from our map list.

• Dumb
Reactions: HankusTheTankus