Glazzy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I'll be brief with this one. The gas passer has shaken up the class meta and has made many other flamethrowers viable. You want pure tanky damage? Phlog. Airblast utility and Range but at the cost of less ammo? Back Burner. No downsides? Stock. (Degreaser is still kind of eh for me) While this is nice and all, it's just a manmelter meta in disguise. Soon people will get tired of only running gas passer like how it was with the manmelter. I'm still baffled as to why some of pyros weapons were nerfed when he needed buffs. The old manmelter practically has the same dps as the gas passer just was useable at a longer range. Here are my buff proposals to diversify the class:

Scorch Shot:
  • Revert the Scorch Shot flare gun jump nerf as the weapon had very little damage output and was mainly used for utility of knocking back hale and a weaker, but effective flare jump

Manmelter:
  • Revert the Manmelter nerfs (Okay, really? First a 50% dmg reduction then the removal of crits on burning players? Just change it back to how it was it's just fine) If soldier can get 300 and 600 rockets with the direct hit on top of his markets, then I don't see an issue here. It was in fact solid with other flamethrowers, just really stood out with the phlog. It keeps you on the ground and takes skill to aim.

Stock Flamethrower:
  • Revert the removal of mini crits on the base. It could really use this to have some use when compared with the backburner or dragon's fury

Dragon's Fury:
  • Repressurization rate on Alt-Fire reduced down to 0%. Simply too hurtful of an airblast to use.

Taunt Mini Crits:
  • Increase the duration of Pyro's taunt mini crits as he is a close range class and needs time to get into the fight after he taunt from a safe distance

Reactions: spudster

MANBEAROW | OW OW OW

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I actually haven't played much VSH in This Season. However, Have plenty of playtime before. I have yet to really play on it much this season.
Your ALL-TIME stats are 2 deaths, 2 Hale wins, and 604 damage to go alongside 1 backstab and 8 messages.

Unless you meant to tell me you sit in spectate in-server even more than I do, the second sentence sounds very doubtful wrt Skial's VSH.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I actually haven't played much VSH in This Season. However, Have plenty of playtime before. I have yet to really play on it much this season.
unknown.png

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Your ALL-TIME stats are 2 deaths, 2 Hale wins, and 604 damage to go alongside 1 backstab and 8 messages.

Unless you meant to tell me you sit in spectate in-server even more than I do, the second sentence sounds very doubtful wrt Skial's VSH.
Clever, but I'm more of a backseat gamer in that kind of mode, but seeing how others play. I agree with OP.

MANBEAROW | OW OW OW

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Clever, but I'm more of a backseat gamer in that kind of mode, but seeing how others play. I agree with OP.
Explain your definition of backseat gaming, as this at the very minimum sounds like a shift from "plenty of playtime."

How are you witnessing others play on VSH when you're not even on it? (Unless you're saying you are in fact just squatting in spectate 99% of the time.)

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Explain your definition of backseat gaming, as this at the very minimum sounds like a shift from "plenty of playtime."

How are you witnessing others play on VSH when you're not even on it? (Unless you're saying you are in fact just squatting in spectate 99% of the time.)
caught lying and is doubling down

Glazzy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I love how pyro is right now with his recent changes. Awesome job @mub The only things I really want right now are QoL changes such as some fall damage resist on the detonator, a bit more deploy speed on the thermal thruster, no reduction in repressurization rate for airblasts with dragon's fury, and a working axtinguisher. Mini crit on stock and longer taunt mini crits would be welcome but not needed imo :blush:

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I love how pyro is right now with his recent changes. Awesome job @mub The only things I really want right now are QoL changes such as some fall damage resist on the detonator, a bit more deploy speed on the thermal thruster, no reduction in repressurization rate for airblasts with dragon's fury, and a working axtinguisher. Mini crit on stock and longer taunt mini crits would be welcome but not needed imo :blush:

I'm actively trying to remove passive fall resists from other classes, not add more.
Thermal thruster's deploy and holster are already double the vanilla rate.
Still working on trying to edit the repressurization rate for Dragon's Fury, but it doesn't seem optimistic so far.
Axtinguisher and Flare Gun damages seem a bit off, I'm still looking into that.
The minicrit changes I would like to do, but later down the line. It'd be better handled by something more custom.

Glazzy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
(accepted) a lot of the changes i suggested went through... jeez cmon for the second time now?