mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Since Sniper Climb's health removal per climb cannot be edited, this is a new proposal to nerf sniper climb for meta setups.

Cozy Camper, Razorback
-50 Max HP penalty.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
There's no way this value "Can't be edited", it's defined somewhere, either whoever told you that doesn't know Sourcepawn or doesn't know where to find it.

Edit: If you're using a version of the official VSH build, it's defined in: scripting/modules/handler.sp
Line 1260:
base.ClimbWall(weapon, g_vsh2.m_hCvars.SniperClimbVelocity.FloatValue, 15.0, true);

I presume a compilation of the main VSH plugin would be required to put it into effect.

This would've been more of a temporary band-aid solution since Skial's VSH2 plugin rarely gets updated, let alone recompiled, but the config can be updated whenever.
I don't think this change is necessary any longer, however, except maybe a small nerf to increase that 15HP to 20HP next time VSH2 gets updated.

Bottiger

Administrator
There's no way this value "Can't be edited", it's defined somewhere, either whoever told you that doesn't know Sourcepawn or doesn't know where to find it.

Edit: If you're using a version of the official VSH build, it's defined in: scripting/modules/handler.sp
Line 1260:
base.ClimbWall(weapon, g_vsh2.m_hCvars.SniperClimbVelocity.FloatValue, 15.0, true);

I presume a compilation of the main VSH plugin would be required to put it into effect.

We are using vsh2. The point is that we don't want to edit the plugin so we don't have to merge changes every time we want to update. That's also the point of using vsh2. A lot of things can be changed without editing the core plugin, but climb health is unfortunately 1 of the things that cannot be edited without changing the core plugin.