mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Since Sniper Climb's health removal per climb cannot be edited, this is a new proposal to nerf sniper climb for meta setups.

Cozy Camper, Razorback
-50 Max HP penalty.

Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper

Snipers wall climb gives him the mobility to avoid the hale, reducing his health to 50% of normal max health would make him vulnerable to a single weighdown explosion, killing him instantly. Id rather see soldiers with man treads getting a jump height nerf than Snipers health nerf since its far, far harder to deal with soldiers with man treads than a sniper using his wall climb. The only way to deal with rocket jumping sollys that only jump away and fire their rockets at you while aiming for the next available medium/large health pack (This is the case on many different maps) is by literally using psychological torture (Essentially scaring the life out of them so many times they screw up). I find that as hale, I can deal with wall climb snipers far easier than soldiers with mantreads on so many maps, period.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor

Snipers aren't even a problem to deal with in the first place.
They are one of the easiest targets you can imagine aside from Engineers.

Skep

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
-1 MOST snipers are very predictable and can be dealt with fairly easily

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor

Snipers wall climb gives him the mobility to avoid the hale, reducing his health to 50% of normal max health would make him vulnerable to a single weighdown explosion, killing him instantly. Id rather see soldiers with man treads getting a jump height nerf than Snipers health nerf since its far, far harder to deal with soldiers with man treads than a sniper using his wall climb. The only way to deal with rocket jumping sollys that only jump away and fire their rockets at you while aiming for the next available medium/large health pack (This is the case on many different maps) is by literally using psychological torture (Essentially scaring the life out of them so many times they screw up). I find that as hale, I can deal with wall climb snipers far easier than soldiers with mantreads on so many maps, period.

-50 HP doesn't mean -50% HP. His HP would be 75, still giving him plenty of jumps and the ability to survive a weighdown explosion.

On VSH US it's not uncommon to have several snipers who all evade Hale multiple times over because they just climb away. This has become a very significant issue since Sniper's already a very strong DPS class and giving him mobility just makes him extremely strong, coupled with something like the Razorback makes him one of the most difficult targets.

Reducing his health from 125 to 75 is to make it so that he can climb 4-5 times instead of 8-9 in one go.

Last edited:

Stopwatch

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1, but only because the damage per climb supposedly can't be changed from 15 to something higher instead. This suggestion will have to act as an alternative solution.

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
-1 for me, if the Cozy Camper had any sort of ammo regen i'll reconsider my vote, but atm it doesn't have that so it's going to be a no from me.
Plus the Razorback was nerfed to have -25 HP and you almost never see anyone use it anymore VSH US, you're either using Cozy Camper or 1 of 2 SMG's cause losing max health is kind of dumb when you're already a single hale melee from death anyways.

Otters

Scarcely Lethal Noob
There's no way this value "Can't be edited", it's defined somewhere, either whoever told you that doesn't know Sourcepawn or doesn't know where to find it.

Edit: If you're using a version of the official VSH build, it's defined in: scripting/modules/handler.sp
Line 1260:
base.ClimbWall(weapon, g_vsh2.m_hCvars.SniperClimbVelocity.FloatValue, 15.0, true);

I presume a compilation of the main VSH plugin would be required to put it into effect.

Last edited: