mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Self-explanatory. Change it from allowing you to renominate a map after two rotations from when it was played to three, or maybe even more rotations.
This is to prevent the same exact maps from being spammed too hard.

Last edited:

jake.

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I am not sure this should be done. It is already set to block the last 2 maps. If we keep blocking more then more unpopular maps will be selected. If people don't want to keep playing the same maps, then they wouldn't vote for them.

To me this sounds like there are a decent amount of concurrent players but there aren't enough popular maps in existence (You could also lose player account if there aren't a diverse group of maps in rotation).

Perhaps we need more map makers, then do trial and error to figure out which maps become popular.
OR look at other vsh servers with prior success, but I assume we've already done that.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
To me this sounds like there are a decent amount of concurrent players but there aren't enough popular maps in existence (You could also lose player account if there aren't a diverse group of maps in rotation).

Perhaps we need more map makers, then do trial and error to figure out which maps become popular.
OR look at other vsh servers with prior success, but I assume we've already done that.

Other servers just add every map that's ever been used for VSH (including arena maps!). The result is only playing a few well known maps + the occasional, random, really bad map.

RockoRango

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1
The rotation of vsh_military_area to vsh_urban to vsh_toys and repeat until the end of days isn't very fun imo

LukaFx

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 While I'm a big nerd for vsh_crevice and nominate it often, I can definitely agree w/ points above. There are always players groaning about playing some maps repeatedly, and it'd be nice to play some of the other less nominated ones. If this means we'd play the unpopular maps, then the community will speak up about said maps they dislike.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
unknown.png