mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Self-explanatory. Change it from allowing you to renominate a map after two rotations from when it was played to three, or maybe even more rotations.
This is to prevent the same exact maps from being spammed too hard.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
I am not sure this should be done. It is already set to block the last 2 maps. If we keep blocking more then more unpopular maps will be selected. If people don't want to keep playing the same maps, then they wouldn't vote for them.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I am not sure this should be done. It is already set to block the last 2 maps. If we keep blocking more then more unpopular maps will be selected. If people don't want to keep playing the same maps, then they wouldn't vote for them.

It only blocks the last one. You're able to nominate a map one rotation after it's been played, allowing you to play it every third map if coordinated.

The common way this occurs, as I am aware, is that, in the constant cycling of players in and out of the server, players nominate or vote on maps they like, perhaps unaware that it was very recently played. By the time they're made aware, it may already be too late; the next map has been picked, and it's a map that was just played an hour ago.

This hurts server population, as players get tired of seeing the same rotation of maps every single day, discouraging our regulars.

Limiting the nomination cooldown to 6 or more rotations before being able to re-nominate would prevent this recycling from occurring too often, while still offering a map vote that allows players to pick their favorite out of a selection of nominated ones.

Also, since our VSH rotation contains only the "most popular" maps, I think the outcome meaning choosing the less popular of the most popular would be fair price to pay for more gameplay diversity.