Wanna be a ghooost upon death on an arena map?

• Total voters

Wheyloffle

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Mapper
This is probably gonna be a pretty small thread. I'm working on a map and had this as an idea for a while, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on it first. :sunglasses:

Whenever I die in vs Saxton Hale mode, I wish I had the ability of freecam or some other way to move about the map freely. I think it would be a cool idea, and generally appreciated, if the map let players roam around the map freely after dying rather than have nothing to do but browse their phone or watch other, still living people have fun.

I plan on also making a small, marked zone somewhere on the map (likely where players spawn) where ghost players can go to if they just want to become an ordinary spectator instead of remain a ghost.

The good:
-People still get to move about the map as they please. This would be equivalent to those McHeavy's roleplayers on urban_works being able to go right back to their restaurant and bother no one if the map had such a feature (also likely after a quick !gnore command was issued by those who don't want to hear that).

The bad:
-You're still visible to other players when you're a ghost. That can be distracting, and, unless I'm missing something, I haven't been able to get anything to modify player visibility posthumous (at least when viewed by living players); only while they are still fully living can their transparency be toned down.

Bottiger

Administrator
We already have a feature like this in deathrun. We don't do this is saxton hale because of ghosting abuse.

HushBK

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Except we don't have a feature like this in deathrun ? At least from what I've seen/the maps I've played.