[Jake]

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Weapons Depot has been one of the very popular maps to play in and unfortunately several recent players had made reports under exploit it was removed because engineers were able to telefrag Hale in the secret shed (these were my assumptions). But despite being a very cheap yet effective tactic, Hale is able to avoid this. Because the tactic can be done inside of the map and because the map was so popular, we believe we should bring Weapons Depot back into Skial's VSH servers.

P.S. I'm open to people's opinion regarding whether or not we should bring this map back.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
I just downloaded the map from that link and it has the same file name.

If anything was fixed, shouldn't it have a different file name? Otherwise it will cause people to get bad map errors.

Update
I just checked if anything changed, and the files are exactly the same. There are no fixes in that link you gave me.

Last edited:

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just downloaded the map from that link and it has the same file name.

If anything was fixed, shouldn't it have a different file name? Otherwise it will cause people to get bad map errors.

Update
I just checked if anything changed, and the files are exactly the same. There are no fixes in that link you gave me.
Mister Bottiger, I hate to be burden, sir. But The link to the file is broken (error 500)
I have the maps saved to my directory. May I send it via email and such? If that's okay?

Or is there a site where I can upload files and others to download?

UPDATE: I found a free file hosting site. I'll have a link up soon

UPDATE PART 2: Okay - N/A - This is the updated version. It's the Gray "Download this Map," button. Sorry about that link mix up.

UPDATE PART 3: I looked into that map's sources and it belongs to LethalZone Gaming. I think they have it copy righted to only use on their servers. http://wiki.lethal-zone.eu/display/CMP/weaponsdepot

The copy right text is at the bottom of the page. Are we allowed to use it if we keep their logo on the map?

Again, I hate to be bothersome, sir.

Last edited:

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I doubt this, it's in its "Stable/Final" stage, and hasn't been modified since 2 months after is was put on the website.
We're past that issue now. The issue now is, I have found a fully 100% redone weaponsdepot that has no glitches ... But it's copyrighted to LethalZone, and I don't understand if we can use it. Could we if we kept their logo on the map? http://wiki.lethal-zone.eu/display/CMP/weaponsdepot

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, that's all up to Bottiger. I have a link to the map. And I'll give it when he gets back on and ok's this.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Read the copyright on the bottom of the page you linked, pretty sure that essentially sums up to anyone can do whatever they want with it. It's fairly common to see community maps used outside of the original community.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You can do whatever you want with a community map. You just have to give credit to the original author, no matter how many times it's edited. And I really doubt this will get an "OK".

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
Wingman, I don't mean to be rude, but I thought you said the map was ugly and barren on the removal thread you made.
And has most of the problems listed in that thread been fixed?

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wingman, I don't mean to be rude, but I thought you said the map was ugly and barren on the removal thread you made.
And has most of the problems listed in that thread been fixed?
In this new map, yes :D I was thoroughly impressed by LethalZones remake of this map. I'll gladly post the map file when I get home. I'm quite sure this new weaponsdepot will be a favorite. Not to mention if a hales AfK, he 's automatically killed in 30 seconds so we don't have to worry about AFK hales.

Sarge

Please no. This map gave little children cancer, all forms. Even forms we haven't discovered yet. It's bland grey, uses about 5-6 of ALL THE COLORS IN TF2! Easy exploits and overall, just a bad map. It was like Satan and Hades had a child and named it this. It was a terrible map and I personally, am glad its gone.
EDIT: On a side note, I will probably permanently leave Skial's VSH server. This map is so overplayed, that the rest of the really really good maps, never get played. We literally played this map every other rotation. I kid you not.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
http://www.filedropper.com/vshweaponsdepotlzb2

Mister Bottiger, Gentlmen, and Ladies. This is a fully updated weaponsdepot map. This is the only link to it EVER. We love that map, it was a mistake to get rid of it. We kindly ask you to add this map back in, it is fully customized to no glitches, it is retextured and redone. It has new platforms and everything. Thank you.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
http://www.filedropper.com/vshweaponsdepotlzb2

Mister Bottiger, Gentlmen, and Ladies. This is a fully updated weaponsdepot map. This is the only link to it EVER. We love that map, it was a mistake to get rid of it. We kindly ask you to add this map back in, it is fully customized to no glitches, it is retextured and redone. It has new platforms and everything. Thank you.

Go play it on a server that has it, then. You were the one who started the thread and got it removed.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I really doubt the map is going to get re-uploaded since you were the one who made the thread to get rid of the map in the first place. And, Bottiger already checked the file. He said it's exactly the same. The link he used was the one you sent him, too.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I really doubt the map is going to get re-uploaded since you were the one who made the thread to get rid of the map in the first place. And, Bottiger already checked the file. He said it's exactly the same. The link he used was the one you sent him, too.
He linked a different file right above, if the issues are fixed there's probably no reason to not add it back to the rotation.

[Jake]

Thanks, Bottiger! Although I really do miss the old Weaponsdepot map, I played the updated map yesterday and it's great!