[Jake]

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Weapons Depot has been one of the very popular maps to play in and unfortunately several recent players had made reports under exploit it was removed because engineers were able to telefrag Hale in the secret shed (these were my assumptions). But despite being a very cheap yet effective tactic, Hale is able to avoid this. Because the tactic can be done inside of the map and because the map was so popular, we believe we should bring Weapons Depot back into Skial's VSH servers.

P.S. I'm open to people's opinion regarding whether or not we should bring this map back.

Last edited:

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
It was removed cause it was broken. Unless the update is proven free of bugs I doubt it will get readded.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You were the one who made the thread to get it removed in the first place.
Yes, it had problems, but otherwise this map was still fun to play on. It was one of our most popular maps, and since got rid of it, I notice less players and familiars on the VSH. I hope this updated version can be reapplied.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 if it is updated with any fixes then we should go for it, also I noticed a lot of ppl upset about it ;-;

Also I still suggest we give some of those maps that Wingman put up a chance.

Last edited:

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, it had problems, but otherwise this map was still fun to play on. It was one of our most popular maps, and since got rid of it, I notice less players and familiars on the VSH. I hope this updated version can be reapplied.

If it stops getting exploited, then sure.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This updated version has clipped glitched edges, restricted engie buildable area permissions, disabled the shed, and the water kills more slowly. Initially are only problems are eliminated.
If it stops getting exploited, then sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: [Jake]

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wasn't one of the problems that people kept exploiting the water? Even if it kills much slower than before, what's going to stop people from doing it again?

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wasn't one of the problems that people kept exploiting the water? Even if it kills much slower than before, what's going to stop people from doing it again?
Well, I mean, with any amount of health you had, the water killed you at a rate of 25dmg per second. Now it does roughly 8, so you have much more health (and thus time) to get out of there.

[Jake]

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Doesn't solve the problem of people still exploiting it, though.

Although a player can still (but should not be allowed to) stand on the door by keeping the water on, he or she is still in the map and within Saxton Hale's reach. My opinion is that this issue does not outweigh the the entire benefit of adding the updated version of the map.

And here were the issues that Wingman presented for reference (some were subjective but it's okay):
-Holding the gate to stop the water, which doesn't sound bad, but it kills you almost immediately, and lots of new players tend to jump in. And if the hale isn't doing very well, he's normaly down on the flooding side, to which everyone is also down there with him (doing damage), then a troll hits the button, floods the canal and kills half the team.
-New Saxton Hale players, or anyone that plays as HHH has a gruesomely difficult time getting up the ramp. (Especially when the water is activated)
-Goombas are easily performed. And if you miss the goomba, you land in 1 foot high water to save your fall. Giving Man-Tread soldiers a never ending advantage.
-When a hale is afk, it's difficult to kill him quicker. And when you try to slay him, snooty snipers vote "no," foil the vote, to gain all the damage.
-Engineer's have found explotive area in which hale cannot reach without arrows.
-The map is ugly and barren. And structures disappear the farther you get away from them???
-Spies use the secret path that does extensive self-damage - but using dead ringer, they are barely harmed, and use the health packs on the other side. And hale cannot reach them without permitting extensive damage unto himself.

Assuming the round has a perfectly competitive team where everyone is equally good and Saxton Hale maximizes his strategies (e.x. using Rage Meter, teleporting as Horseless Headless Horseman Junior, Brave jumping, using arrows as Christian Brutal Sniper, etc.), most of the issues, fortunately, are not glaring issues and some of the issues on the list can be reconsidered as thinking strategies.

I provided some examples:
If Saxton Hale is unable to get out of the water by taking the ramp, he should consider his other options: getting out on the far right side of the map or jumping out onto the main area (where the control point is located).
Even if the updated map were to have engineers being able to exploit the area under the control point, Saxton Hale can actually rage (and teleport if HHHJr) outside and have enough time to get in and kill the sentries or engineers.

Furthermore, some structures, like trucks, unfortunately do disappear the farther one gets away from them, but a lot of maps have the same issue (I'm not sure if it's a graphics thing on the player side or some objects were intended that way for smooth performance).

So, after playing Saxton Hale for a while, players should know when to avoid being stomped on, when to use Rage at the right times, and who to go after first. This is really a learning experience and new players should learn maps... even if they intuitively assume the polluted water does not harm them the first time they play.

This updated version has clipped glitched edges, restricted engie buildable area permissions, disabled the shed, and the water kills more slowly. Initially are only problems are eliminated.
By adding the updated version of this once popular map, the strategies for Saxton Hale to win becomes easier (and not so easy for the players) and the glaring exploits are gone. Please add.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Another issue was that the people who agreed (especially on the [older version] weaponsdepot removal thread] to remove this map were people who hardly played on VSH hale, or haven't played in a while. They said that a last-man-standing-scout could take up an entire 30 minutes to either win or lose, and you can't vote slay him because he was actually trying to do damage. But since we added the 10 minute rounds, we don't have this problem, and it pushes players to be more careful and do better.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It still doesn't solve the problem of people EXPLOITING. You can have all this additions and take stuff out but people are STILL going to exploit it. Especially the people who know how. There was a whole thread on why it was removed and Wingman, you were the one who started that thread. Maps aren't going to be removed and added a short time later just because it has some additions. The main problem with that map was people exploiting and what makes you so sure the same problem won't come back?

Rehn

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
It still doesn't solve the problem of people EXPLOITING. You can have all this additions and take stuff out but people are STILL going to exploit it. Especially the people who know how. There was a whole thread on why it was removed and Wingman, you were the one who started that thread. Maps aren't going to be removed and added a short time later just because it has some additions. The main problem with that map was people exploiting and what makes you so sure the same problem won't come back?
getting a map removed =/= disliking the updated version

They won't come back because the major issues have been fixed. Exploits can happen potentially, but they're not as game-breaking as before and can are easy to deal with.

...did you ever even play Skial VSH? Or VSH in general?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
getting a map removed =/= disliking the updated version

They won't come back because the major issues have been fixed. Exploits can happen potentially, but they're not as game-breaking as before and can are easy to deal with.

...did you ever even play Skial VSH? Or VSH in general?

I have. I don't play as much anymore since I go on Deathrun, Jailbreak, and Trade NY a lot more.